[ t w e n t y ]

t w e n t y
t h r e e   w o r d s

AMELIA WAS STARING AT THE ARROW BETWEEN HER FINGERS

"I want you to kill Kate Argent."

"You're not going to Mexico," said the Sheriff to Stiles and her, making her raise her eyes from the arrow in her hand and look at him.

Stiles sighed. "Dad, Scott and Kira have been kidnapped and taken to Mexico. Okay? I think that's a pretty good reason for a trip to Mexico."

His dad inhaled loudly as he walked to his desk. "Okay," he started whispering. "Even if Deaton is right about this... the best thing to do is to go through the proper channels."

"Dad," tried to interrupt him Stiles but the sheriff kept going.

"That means... calling the right law enforcement agencies, border patrol, putting out an all-points."

Stiles was getting angry. "Dad, we can't just wait around for the wheels of bureaucracy to start spinning in five different government offices. Okay? Someone needs to go down there right now, find them and rescue them. We're going." He sounded determined, and Amelia knew she had to go too.

"I can keep you from going," argued the Sheriff and Amelia raised her eyebrows.

"You can't keep me," she mentioned and he looked at her seriously. "Or maybe you can..."

"We'd find a way!" Exclaimed Stiles.

"I can throw both of you in a cell." Stiles pointed towards his girlfriend.

"She can break it down. And even if she didn't I'd still find a way."

His father sighed before walking towards the door. "Stiles, please. Look, just give me a little more time to verify something slightly more concrete than Amelia's stomachache and a psychic vision by some guy with a third eye!" Well if you put it that way. "Look, I will call every law enforcement agency all the way down to South America if I have to. If nothing turns up, then I'll book three flights to Mexico. The three of us will go. Okay?"

Stiles nodded. "Okay, okay, great." He looked at Amelia. "Can I get a gun?"

She squeezed her eyes a bit. "Okay," she said sarcastically before extending her bow. "Try holding this."

Stiles scoffed a bit and went to grab the bow, not realizing it was a lot heavier than he thought and he almost fall down with it.

"You're not carrying a gun."

• • •

Stiles was looking through Scott's closet, tossing clothes from his best friend to Isaac and Amelia.

"Here, try that," he told Amelia as he throw a shirt towards her, who she picked up and sniffed it.

"Fabric softener," she replied and Stiles looked at them.