Chapter 8

Bill's POV

I decided to play along with Pine Tree and give him what he so eagerly wants.

"So Pine Tree," I ask, "You want to be my pet?"

Pine Tree eagerly nodded his head yes.

"Alright then, but first let's see how loyal you are."

I snapped my fingers and teleported the both of us to a ginormous cliff in the Mindscape.

He looked at me curiously, waiting for his task, and I looked at him with a serious look and gave it to him, "Fall."

Dipper's POV:

This was a perfect way to show Bill how serious I am about this. It was very similar to the task that boy gave me before, and maybe with this I'll feel a bit satisfied about it.

I smiled at him and walked towards the edge of the cliff. I didn't brother to look down. I just turned around to face Bill, waved at him, slowly started to tilt back, and suddenly,

I was falling.

I wasn't screaming or crying for help, I felt proud for doing what my master had told me to do.

I continued to fall as I felt the wind through my hair. It felt like it was never ending like the bottomless pit. I wasn't worried about being stuck in the sky or hitting the ground. I want to let my master know that he can trust me as much as I trust him.

I soon saw a surface coming closer and closer to me. I was reaching the ground. I didn't close my eyes in fear or brace for impact. I just waited for what would come next and suddenly,

I felt myself slightly levitating upside down above the ground. I looked over to my left and I saw a yellow figure next to me.

I chuckled, "I knew you wouldn't let me down."

He smirked back at me, "You didn't let me down either." he said as he put me right side up and placed my feet down to the ground, "You proved your point Pine Tree and for that I'll allow you to be here."

Not only was I happy that I accomplished what Bill wanted, but it also felt like a weight was lifted from my shoulders. It meant I also accomplished my task to jump off the school roof.

"Close your eyes Pine Tree." he instructed.

I obeyed and closed my eyes, still smiling. I heard him snap his fingers and I felt his smooth hands as he wrapped something around my neck.

"Alright, you may open them now."

I opened my eyes and felt whatever was surrounding my neck. It has a rough texture but still felt sort and comfortable. It was like some sort of collar. I looked down and noticed a little charm in the front.

It was a royal blue pine tree and behind it there was an engraving that read, "Pine Tree, Property of Bill Cipher."

I grinned from ear to ear. I had never been so happy.