Chapter 19

Bill's POV:

All day, all I could think about was Pine Tree and my new found feelings for him. What am I supposed to do?! I've never felt like this towards anyone before.

Should I.... should I just confess to him and see what happens?

No, that wouldn't be very smart.

Maybe I should start off slow and see where it goes.

Evening~

I was sitting in the living room with a book, continuing on my search for ways I can help Pine Tree.

Pine Tree came by me and placed a plate of apple slices and a cup of water beside me.

"Thank you Pine Tree." I said as I took the glass and took a sip of water.

"No problem Master." he replied with a smile.

Now is my chance. I want to get some progress done today and I think I have an idea how.

"Pine Tree," I said as I grabbed his hand to stop him from leaving, "You don't need to call me that."

"Wh-what?" he stuttered, sounding caught off guard.

"You don't need to refer to me as 'Master.' We're friends, so you can call me Bill."

Pine Tree just stared at me blankly and started to chuckle a bit. He continued to laugh harder and then covered his mouth to silence himself. He closed his eyes and gave a creepy grin, "No...." he said softly, "I can't do that. You're my master and I belong to you, that's all we'll mean to each other."

He- he doesn't mean that.... right? I was trying to think of something to say back, but my body and emotions moved faster than my thoughts.

I quickly stood up from my chair and pulled him closer to me with the hand I was already holding him with, "But Pine Tree, you mean so much more to me than that." I confessed. I took his other hand and brought them up to the center of us and kissed his smooth fingers,  "I- I like you."

"Wh- what?!" he asked nervously and seemed shocked.

"I- I don't know how it happened, and I'm still confused about all these feelings, but I know that I don't want you here because you think you're supposed to be here. I want you here because I want you here, and to love you here."

I waited for Pine Tree's reaction but no words came out of his mouth and no expression came on his face. He just slowly let his hands go from my grasp and hugged his arms, tugging at the sleeves of his hoodie. "Ma- Master," he stuttered, "I don't know what to say. I only came here to be your servant and pet, not to go any farther than that. My future is to belong to someone, yes, but not- not like that."

"Pine Tree-"

"I'm sorry," he said, cutting me off, "Can I just go to bed please?"

I had no words. All I could do was nod at him and he left to his room.

As I watched him leave, some sort of liquid started falling down my cheeks. I wiped some of it off with my fingers to see how it looked and it was kind of like water.

What does it mean? I was now heartbroken, rejected my first love.

But who am I to blame? He's obviously still delirious to whatever's wrong with him.