Chapter 15

Bill's POV:

Days later~

I've decided to take a small break on my research. Just sitting down all week reading is really, and I mean really, boring.

That's right, I said it. Fight me those of you who stay up at three in the morning reading stories here!

Unless it's this story of course. Then you're on my "Don't Kill, Yet" list.

Any way, I had come back home from some errands I had to run today. I was summoned a couple of times, but I don't think I want Pine Tree to come along anymore. I don't want him to be influenced that murder is right.

Don't get me wrong though, pain is hilarious! But he shouldn't be the one inflicting it on others. So I kept him inside the house to clean up or do whatever he wanted.

When arriving back, I was greeted by Pine Tree. "Welcome back Master!" he said cheerfully as he rushed over to me.

"Hello Pine Tree." I greeted back as I ruffled his soft chocolate hair, "What have you been up to while I was gone?"

"Well I did all the cleaning you asked," he answered, but then seemed a bit flustered, "But I finished them a bit early and didn't know what to do. So I sort of just waited for you the rest of the time."

I saw him fidgeting with his fingers during that last part and his face seemed to turn pink like how mine does sometimes, "I really missed you." he said.

My face started to heat up again after hearing that, but I quickly brushed it off. I could tell that he was becoming unstable at the fact that he doesn't know what to do.

Can he really not make decisions for himself?

"Why don't you make us some dinner Pine Tree?" I offered, trying to change his mind.

"Y- yeah." he stuttered but then cleared his throat, "I- I mean yes! I'll get right on it!" He nodded his head and headed to the kitchen.

I could tell he had calmed down now, so that was a relief. I snapped my fingers, changing into more comfortable clothes, and sat down at the dining room table.

"What do you want me to make?" he asked from the kitchen.

I honestly didn't know. I don't normally eat so I wasn't sure what food to get.

I also wanted to help Pine Tree learn to make decisions for himself. It'll take some time, but I hope soon he'll realize that he can make his own decisions.

"Whatever you feel like making." I replied to his question.

Dipper's POV:

I heard what he had said and it caused me to freeze in place.

"Whatever I feel like making?" I whispered under my breath.

"Pine Tree, are you ok?" I slightly heard Master ask, but it was still muffled by my own thoughts.

I ignored what he had asked because my mind was still stuck. My neck twitched at what he had asked previously: whatever I feel like making?

What I want doesn't matter...

I felt my body start to shake, freaking out about what I'm supposed to do. What I feel like making isn't supposed to matter! I'm doing this for-

I felt something on my shoulder and I looked to my left.

"Pine Tree, please calm down." he whispered in a calming voice.

I took in a deep breath and slowly let it out.

"Are you alright now?" he asked while lifting up my chin so I would look at him. I nodded my head yes slowly.

"Ok, good." he replied, "And I really did mean what I said. What I want doesn't matter right now, ok? I want to see what you can do without any clear instructions. Do you think you can do that for me?"

I thought about it for a second. It's been a long time since I've done something that I've wanted besides doing what others have requested of me. But if he wants me to make my own decision, then I'll do it.

I looked at him and nodded, "Yes Master."

Bill's POV:

A sly smile grew on my face after hearing that. I let go of him and sat back down at the dining table.

I can't believe I had to step in for that. It looked like at any moment his last string of sanity was going to snap right off.

It was a relief that Pine Tree could decide for himself for once. Maybe I was finally making some progress!

So much help those books ended up being.

Small Time Skip~

After a while, Pine Tree came back from the kitchen with two plates of food. I wasn't sure what he had made, but whatever it was, it smelled good.

"Here you go Master." Pine Tree said as he placed a plate in front of me.

I noticed something was on his face, some sauce maybe, around his upper cheek. "Pine Tree wait." I called out, before he sat down.

He quickly turned around to face me, "Yes?" he replied.

I got my thumb and carefully wiped off the sauce on his face. I licked it off my fingers and smirked at him, "Tastes great Pine Tree." I said, "Now let's eat."