Chapter 16

Dipper's POV:

Bill had rubbed his smooth warm fingers on my cheek, it felt really nice that I wanted it to be there longer. When he let go though, my face felt like it slightly started to feel warm for some reason.

"Th- thank you Master." was all I could say back, "I hope you enjoy it."

I placed my plate down and sat at the chair across from him.

Bill's POV:

We both ate in silence for a while, which was starting to bother me a bit. I hate it when it's quiet and everything stays still for too long. It's unnatural and boring!

I figured I should say something. I guess I could compliment the dinner he made for us. I will admit it tasted really good, whatever it was.

"I really like, um, whatever this is Pine Tree." I said in the silence, "You did a good job."

Pine Tree looked up from his plate and smiled a bit, "Thanks." he said, "And it's called spaghetti and meatballs, in case you were wondering."

Well I guess I can put "spaghetti and meatballs" on my list of human foods I like to eat.

I had also noticed the smile that Pine Tree had given after the compliment. It didn't look like his normal "determined to please" smile, it was an actual genuine smile that showed that he was pleased.

"Where'd you learn to cook so well Pine Tree?" I asked, wishing not to go back to the awkward silence.

"Oh, well I sort of taught myself I guess." he answered, "I got a lot of practice whenever Mabel requested me to cook for her. Spaghetti was one of the common dishes I would make since it's not too hard to make."

Wait... Shooting Star would treat him like her servant? Of all the meatsacks I know, Shooting Star would be the least expected to use her own brother for chores and other tasks.

Right?

Shouldn't she be helping him like I've been trying to? I remember when we were making that deal, about a week or so ago, and she was yelling at him to stay. I thought she was trying to keep him away from me, but was it really for his safety or to get her "servant" back?

"Master?" I then suddenly heard out of the blue.

"Y- yes?" I quickly replied, regaining my train of thought.

"Are you alright?" Pine Tree asked, "You seemed a bit dazed."

"I'm fine Pine Tree." I answered, "I was just thinking about... something."

"Do I have something else on my face?" he asked while attempting to wipe what it was on his face.

"No Pine Tree, it was nothing." I assured.

"Oh, ok." he replied and continued to eat his food.

The way he had wiped his smooth face was kind of adorable. I watched as he peacefully ate his food, as if he wasn't eating with BILL CIPHER himself.

Anyone who eats with me is either terrified or maybe at least the slightest bit of uncomfortable. But he acts like I'm his... friend.

After hearing myself say that in my own mind, my face did that heating up thing again. With that, I was reminded to ask Pine Tree what it's called.

"Pine Tree?" I asked.

"Yes Master?"

"That thing you did with your face earlier, when it tuned pink, what's that called?" I didn't want to mention that it was happening to me as well.

"Do you mean blushing?" he replied, "That's what it's called when your face feels a bit heated and your cheeks might slightly turn pink."

"Maybe... thank you for the help."

"No problem."

After a while, we were done eating and I insisted on taking and cleaning the dishes. Pine Tree was unsure but I told him it was what I wanted and that he had to accept that. He finally agreed and went to get ready for bed.

While washing the dishes, that word that Pine Tree said during dinner stayed in my mind.

"Blushing..." I said aloud to see how it felt on my tongue.

I'll have to find out what it means some time.