epilogue

The war was never over.

No one had one the clone wars besides the damned Sith Lord, and nothing pissed me off more than the fact that most of the galaxies people didn't even take immediate action the change. What pissed me off even more is the Jedi of all people had let the sith take over what was there unbreakable republic.

There was no point for  my anger to be directed at the Jedi now, there were none and the few that did survive were left to cower away from the inescapable empire. Part of me claimed their arrogance caused them to deserve their predicament but it was always over shadowed by the agonizing guilt that flooded my every existence.

For what happened on Qwim, to the people I spent nearly 20 years of my life with, I can't forgive myself even if it wasn't my doing. Everyday is another reminder of leaving Celeste on that damned planet.

And Maul.

Stars, Maul. Only the force could save him now, after the war, the war that didn't really end, he had really lost it. No longer just bordering on unstable, chaos was something he plainly lived in. Worse than ever, not that we had become well accustomed to each other after our separation from Naboo. He has fallen into the crime world and I had stuck around. A little, not completely.

Maul was fragile and I was increasingly insensitive to his situation, we had both lost so much but I-

I don't know anymore.

"My lady," it's one of Mauls many subordinates meekly coming into the quarters on Dathomir. I turn to face him, nodding my head in silent acknowledgment, "Lord Maul requests you for an operation."

I nod. At least we worked well together.