nine.

It's been a year. A fully standard year. Not that I counted the days (I did, near religiously) but it dawned on me as soon as I woke up.

Even with that fact in the back of my mind, the day started as normal. Wake up, check comms, if no terrible crimes happened overnight, or the sith were revealed, then it was a waiting game. Waiting for Maul to call.

"Some... minor political figures are getting suspicious of my masters work."

"Good morning to you, sir." I mutter into the communicator as I check the time. 0600. Great.

"Instructions are already sent. Don't mess this one up."

I open my mouth to reply but it's silent on the other end and Maul wasn't one for my bullshit. Instead I click the small communicator off and clip it to my belt.

Don't mess this one up. Mauls definition of a fuck up is vastly different from my own, saying any minor mistake to him was the end of the world. I learned that quickly and I never was a quick learner either. But he was a quick teacher.

We make an awful team.

That was the last of my worries at the moment though, as I checked my data pad for more info. The planet I would be heading to was Naboo. Not once have I been there but I did know it's where his master was from. The senator. I had been warned to stay far away from him and I did, there was nothing I wanted to do with him. If he was capable of scaring Maul he was more than capable to do much worse than me.

I looked at the name of the woman. No, the girl. Her picture shown a girl no older than 13 smiling with flowers in her hair. I cringed, a child. I would be tasked with the cold blooded murder of a child.

"Padme Naberrie." I tested the name on my tongue. It didn't matter what I thought, I knew my own consequences were dire if I didn't kill this poor girl. How a child could be a political threat was beyond me.

A sigh escaped me as I went to left my Coruscant apartment and find transport to Naboo. It has to be done.

cringe :/ I kinda don't like it tell me what u think bc I think it's cringe. anyway now we don't get to see Kin be a fucking idiot I'm so proud of her