Waterpark part 1

Chapter 8

Marinette would spend her summer holidays with her four friends. Between helping out at the bakery and giving her attention to all her other responsibilities, Marinette wanted a rest day. So of course when Adrien invited the group to the water park, Marinette had squeaked out a definite yes before she could chicken out. She stared at the screen of her phone slightly dumbfounded.

Tikki watched in silent contemplation as her chosen turned a brilliant shade of pink that rivaled her bedroom walls.

Felix was seated in front of her computer, learning how to play UMS3, a look of concentration on his face, his eyebrows pinched together the only indication of his frustration. Marinette's high score sat tauntingly at the top of the start screen. His own hadn't even appeared in the top 10. Between Adrien, Nino and Max, Felix had a long way to go before he could even enter his name into the scoreboards.

Marinette had sat next to him, quietly giving him helpful tips. Felix wasn't very good at the game, but he was improving at the very least. He turned when he heard Marinette hang up the call, wincing as his character got crushed by the PC enemy.

"Adrien invited us out to the water park" Marinette mused out loud. Felix appreciated how her blush stood out on her pale skin. "Alright, so we are going, right?" He prodded her leg with his controller. Marinette had that dreamy look in her eyes again. Felix tried not to let the jealousy eat at him.

Adrien still did not know about Marinette's feelings so it allowed Felix to commit everything about Marinette to memory. Felix had an eidetic memory and he appreciated his occasionally cursed talent.

"I don't have a swimsuit!" Marinette squeaked. Her hand covering her cheeks in horror. Felix rolled his eyes at Marinette's antics. "Would you like to make a new swimsuit or would you prefer to purchase one?" Felix questioned, setting the controller on the desk. It was obvious that they would not continue their game.

"I need to call Alya!" Marinette stood up and had her phone pressed against her ear in 5 seconds flat, making her way to her closet. Soon Felix heard the two girls conversing and making plans to pick out new swimsuits. Felix gathered his things. Marinette always did get a little too self-absorbed when it came to three things. Being Ladybug, Adrien and Fashion.

Felix learned that Chat Noir was a very big part of Ladybug and subsequently Marinette's life. He would notice the black-clad hero leaping his way to Marinette's balcony after Felix had left for the night. Almost as if the hero had been waiting for Felix to leave before making his way to Marinette's balcony.

Marinette would always be on the balcony, waving Felix goodbye and welcoming Chat Noir not 5 minutes later.

Maybe Chat Noir had a thing for Marinette. Yet all the tabloids and even the Ladyblog wholeheartedly reported Chat Noir's fascination and interest in Ladybug. Except Felix knew who Ladybug was and it was discerning how Marinette seemed to attract blondes to her like flies to honey.

Of course, Felix had questioned the dark-haired girl, "Chat flirts with all the civilians like that Felix. I may be the only one who he visits so often but we're friends. I did help him with Evillustrator remember? He comes over for Christmas and Thanksgiving too." Marinette had defended the hero as if she were talking about a stray cat that had taken a liking to her.

He supposed Chat Noir was a little bit like a stray cat. Honestly, he would have put Marinette through an inquisition, but such methods would make her upset and irritable.