waterpark part 3

Chapter 10

Nino watched as the two cousins seemed to wage a silent war over Marinette.

Not that it was an obvious fight, but Nino had known Adrien for a solid two years and spent almost all their classes together, sitting next to the blond. The tick on his forehead and the forced smile, and how Adrien would stand between Marinette and Felix at any point in time made Nino raise his eyebrow in question.

Currently, the group was in the lazy river, it was shaped like a river and had nice scenery and ambiance with a slow current so that guests could relax while they float in the water. Marinette had perched herself on a huge float, cradling the towels (and Tikki) in her lap.

Alya was floating next to her, holding on to the other half of the towels. The boys had decided to forgo the floats, instead, they had ended up taking turns to push the girls through the water. Occasionally splashing them when they felt like, it taking advantage that they couldn't splash in retaliation.

The group had gone through several more rides, Marinette took turns, switching between both cousins so that they could all enjoy the rides together while Nino and Alya paired up.

There had even been a water obstacle course. Marinette and Adrien had raced to see who would complete it first, laughing as they tried to outdo each other. The other three had stayed under the shelter to cheer the rivaling duo.

Marinette and Adrien had gathered quite a crowd as they breezed through the obstacles while still exchanging friendly the end Adrien had climbed the rope ladder first, followed by Marinette, before dropping into the water with a huge splash.

Marinette had pouted and landed right next to him in the water in a futile attempt to drown the blond. The dynamic duo then laughed as they slowly swam back to the side of the pool to rejoin their friends.

Marinette was chatting with Alya, laughing at something that the redhead had said. The two girls had their hands clasped so that they wouldn't be separated while they floated with the current. Adrien was floating next to Marinette with a dopey smile on his face.

Nino recognized that look. It was the same smile that he had when Alya looked particularly beautiful when she let out a victory cry over something or other (usually a successful scoop for the Ladyblog).

Felix was waddling behind the two girls in a kind of a squat-walk position, trying to keep most of his body submerged in the cool water.

Once in a while, either blond would lean on Marinette's float whenever she would give them her attention. Nino was facing the group as he floated ahead, in his own squat-walk, his back against the current so that he could observe his best friends. Observing the dynamic between Marinette and the two cousins.

"Mari look, a coral reef!" Alya pointed out. Pushing herself up from her relaxed position on the float.

Marinette followed the direction of her friend's hand and read the sign. It was a coral reef that guests could scuba dive to observe the marine life.

"Let's go!" both girls squealed excitedly. Alya gave Nino a pleading look, and he would never be able to deny his girlfriend anything when she gave him that face.

Felix stood up and Nino watched as Marinette blushed, watching the water slide down Felix's bare chest. He started nudging the floats toward the exit of the pool. Leaving Adrien behind for a moment as Felix continues to nudge Marinette away from him.