The proposal

Chapter 36

Four years later

Ps. Okay so Felix and Marinette as been together for 7 years and they're both 22 they graduated college and got their bachelor's degree and master's degree they graduated early now on to the story.

Felix had never worried himself when Adrien’s fans came up and asked for autographs. He had tried to smile convincingly and sign as similar to Adrien’s actual signature. He tried to play nice and act like he would expect Adrien to act towards his fans.

Unfortunately, he also wanted to be able to go out as himself occasionally, rather than either as Adrien, in a sense, or in disguise. There were certain disguises that he knew would work, even if they made him uncomfortable.

The first disguise he used was slicking back his hair, wearing thick eyeliner and colored chapstick to draw attention away from other features. He wore either a leather jacket or a bomber jacket, with dark jeans and some form of band shirt, usually for a metal or rock band.

When he was first developing this disguise, he even had some chains and a fake lip piercing. Those became rather tedious and he found that the makeup did enough to draw attention away from his Agreste-like appearance.

His second disguise also involved slicking his hair back, however it was covered under a beanie or a baseball cap. He found that slicking it back allowed him to hide more of it under the hat and reduce the chance of others noticing its light blond shade.

He tried to wear the most nondescript hoodie or jacket, with a pair of jeans and a plain shirt. He often wore fake glasses or sunglasses when he could. He slouched as convincingly as possible to play the awkward teenager part.

Some days he just wanted to take his beautiful girlfriend out on a nice, casual date as himself. He wanted to be able to stroll around, proudly holding her hand, and showing the world that he is the luckiest boy around. He wanted to sit comfortably in a cafe, laughing with her and sharing a plate of snacks, spending time with her as himself.

Not spending time with her, playing a part that only the two knew about. It wasn’t the same to him and he wanted to be able to go around with her without the potential for them to be mobbed. He didn’t want her to be on the receiving end of some crazy fan’s ire because the fan thought Adrien was dating her.

He wasn’t willing to risk anything happening to her on his expense. He remembered the day that Adrien’s bodyguard had been akumatized when she was running around, helping him see a movie, and Felix did not want their dates to proceed like that.

Today was a good alternative to being out together though. He wore a simple disguise over to Tom & Sabine Boulangerie Patisserie, then removed the unnecessary parts to relax. The two competed full force on UMS, dragging Tom into the fray. Felix learned quickly that Tom was part of why Marinette played so well.

Their lunch was delicious and the post-food nap was even better, especially since her parents didn’t mind the two cuddling on the couch to watch (or sleep through) a movie. By the time he was supposed to leave for the evening, Felix decided he needed to marry that girl as soon as possible so he could have this family as his own.

                    A few weeks later

Felix shifted nervously outside of the Dupain-Cheng bakery.

Rationally he knew he shouldn't be so nervous. After all both Tom and Sabine had made it perfectly clear that they liked him and enjoyed his company and were more than welcoming each time he had visited….but he wasn't being rational right now.