Here comes trouble part 1

Chapter 16

Lila was fuming when she arrived at home.

"Who does he think he is?!", she spit out between clenched teeth. "He had zero proof!"

And not only had her attempt to win Felix over failed, Hawkmoth hadn't even sent an Akuma for her! That or this goddamn insect had caught it before it had reached her.

"What a dutiful little bug you are, aren't you, Ladybug?", she seethed on. "Always looking out for butterflies. Well, newsflash: you aren't perfect! And as soon as you let one of them slip through, Volpina is going to kick your ass!"

That brought her thoughts to another pain in her butt and she threw her phone away in frustration. If it weren't for that pigtailed goody two shoes, Felix would be writing poems of admiration for Lila by now. All these beautiful words, lost because that stupid Marinette couldn't leave Felix alone. He was unreachable for her now!

Taking a deep breath, Lila tried to calm down.

Don't do anything rash. We've come so far.

She still had Adrien wrapped around her finger. That boy was so eager to believe her, he threw all reason away for some pretty fairy tale. And as long as his father was with her, she had Adrien handled.

StillLosingng her chance with Felix had... hurt her. She hadn't realized she'd looked forward to their relationship that much.

Sighing she fell on her bed and grabbed her phone, going through his poems. She'd pictured how everything would go from the moment she'd looked through his bag. He would've been smitten with her writing, her poetry resonating with his. Once they were on their date at the Eiffel Tower, he wouldn't have been able to deny how pretty she looked with the sunset illuminating her face, the wind in her hair... He would've intertwined his soft, slender fingers with hers and confessed how connected he felt to her. She would've blushed and told him to stop, but he would've written her a poem about his feelings for her and kissed her hand. Then they would've kissed, just as the sun disappeared and the lights at the tower went on. The rest of the evening, they would have talked about their shared affinity for words and tales, how they both could spin their audiences in webs of emotion and wonder - even though they used different mediums to accomplish that. He would've realized that they were the only ones that understood each other, that they were made for each other, that they were soulmates. How they were better than these silly children in their class.

She groaned and turned her phone off, not bearing to see his pretty poems now.

It was all Marinette's fault! She'd stolen that future from her and Felix!

Lila froze.

Wait a second.

Since when did she give up that easily?! This was Marinette she was talking about! That girl didn't have enough brain cells to walk properly! She was no opponent for her, Lila Rossi, the cunning Volpina! She was the Queen of Lies, the Master of Manipulation, Gaslight,ng, and Illusions! If she wanted Felix, she would get Felix!

With renewed determination, she got in front of her computer. She had some research to do!

Somewhere else