who do you miss the most dream?

hello! this one contains major spoilers for the dream smp finale and following! if you don't want spoilers i would suggest you skip this one :)
...
!! this is written as a femreader perspective !!
the setting is, tommy visiting dream in prison
...

there he was, stuck in an obsidian box, a clock hanging on the wall, a hole(or what it seemed like) filled with water, a cauldron
and a chest with empty books. 

the room was filled but it still felt empty. the green unarmored man stood in front of tommy. of course tommy came to visit, he wanted to treat dream the same way he was treated in exile. dream had done too much damage; to L'manburg, to L'manburg's citizens, to Tommy and Tubbo's friendship.

Even dream knew the treatment was well deserved and humiliating. well deserved because he broke her heart. Y/N cared for him. she really did, until he called tommy and tubbo for the last fight, after blowing up L'Manburg. she pleaded, begged him to not. heck! she even tried to stop him from destroying L'manburg, he didn't listen. the last string was when he told her his last plan about the prison, and using tommy.

Y/N was no longer a L'manburg resident. after wilbur blew up Manburg, she went away. She ended up creating some sort of a friendship with Techno. Her and Phil were already friends so it wasn't hard to fit in.

like niki, she was done with that country but she never wished destruction upon them. learning through Techno and Phil that dream was going to blow about the country she once was a part of, she got conflicted. She cared about Dream, enough that she even loved him. never wanting to admit it.
it seemed pretty obvious to Technoblade though, he saw how she looked at Dream, how she spoke about him. unfortunately their story was doomed since the start.

dream was too deep into his plan. he loved her, knowing she would never love him back. i mean, why would she right? he was the bad guy, the monster. She was the brave princess who wanted nothing but peace. but boy was he wrong.

present day, tommy was standing in dream's cell, talking about god knows what. it was nice to have a visitor so dream tried to converse with him. a little chatting here and there, dream showed him around and tommy took dream's clock. it was normal banter between them, but of course dream was the weaker one in this situation.

everything was.. fine — under the circumstances. until tommy brought up a question that left dream frozen. behind that mask, he looked stunned. he was
stunned. tommy asked "dream. who do you miss the most?"
"don't say Gogy" the boy chuckled.
unlike the other conversations they had, dream was a lot quieter. he didn't say anything, he didn't move. that question made him think of her. he already left Sapnap and George, he left his axe, he burnt his house. but he didn't really let her go. attachment.
the one thing he couldn't really let go of.

—————————
italics - y/n
bold italics - dream
———————————

"dream please. you don't have to do this.."
"n/n, it's the only way i get what i want"
"they are kids — and you already destroyed L'manburg. what else do you need Dream."
"POWER! control. over what is MY home. they took it from me y/n. i gave up everything and everyone i cared for. i deserve this."
"everyone you care for huh? then why am i still here. am i nothing to you *Clay*?
"..."
"i stood by your side.. i went against MY morals for you! i watched you blow up my home because i believed there was still good in you."
"well i didn't ask you to do that"
"you didn't ask me?! you bastard. i did it because i care— you know what. it's fine. go ahead and get your power. but you'll be doing it alone." she began walking away
"you know what, tommy was right, you *are* a monster."
"wait n/n-"
"no! okay? you and i are not frien- we are nothing. not anymore."
nothing
——————————————-

"oye dream? who do you miss the most" his visitor asked again. Dream snapped out of his thought about Y/N. "i think you should leave ... Tommy" the masked man's eyes wandered the room.

he lost her. she didn't even show up when everyone barged in to save tommy and tubbo.

"come on dreammmm" tommy whined. dream was done with the conversation. he needed time alone.
Dream told him to leave once again before calling for Sam. Tommy was instructed to stand by the block in the corner that was filled with water. there was a splash and tommy disappeared. he of course was on the other side of the cell, leaving dream there alone again.

once dream tommy was out of earshot, dream pulled out the first empty book and quill in the stack. he sat down on the bare. hard floor and flipped to the first page. he cleared his throat, held in his breath trying to repress his emotions.
he began to write. after a couple seconds he shut the book and hugged it, holding it close to his chest and staring at the clock. the lavas heat bothered him as he shuffled in his place. finally looking down towards the glowing obsidian and shutting his eyes.

the first page read..

   entry one:                                               
                         i miss her.. i miss Y/N

        ———————————————
end of chapter
877 words
                                                        ~ Sasha <3