sleeping beauty

———————————
knight!dream x f!reader (princess)
**
triggers// major death mentions.
slight panic attack signs,
cursing - mature language

————————————————————-

NOTE

• y/n and dream had / have a lot of tension between one another and were caught flirting at times. they both fancied one another but didn't do anything about it
• might post a part two to this, lmk if y'all wanna see it :3

———————

the knights lips touched hers. he was bent down with one of his hands holding her face by its side. for a second there the knight felt a kiss back. was the curse lifted? was the princess finally awake.

he couldn't think further, he was pushed back, kicked off of the princess. The knight stumbled back and watched the princess get up. she was out of breath and struggling. the princess wasn't like the other princesses. she was one to fight rather than talk to birds.

Her eyes widened, it was her fathers most loyal knight. he looked.. different. his hair was a lot darker, covered in presumably ash. his armour or what was left of it was damaged severely. "what are y-" she began to speak loudly when he quickly covered her mouth and pushed her against the wall. her back was facing him and her front was against the wall.

"ssh princess. they can't hear you" he whispered. There was no distance between them, they were squished against the wall. "i .. i'm sorry i didn't mean to startle or disrespect you. the rumour had it that a tru- a kiss would wake you up, my dearest apologies princess." he whispered once again.

his hand was still cover her mouth so she couldn't really respond. the girl was about to mutter a response but he began to speak .

"the pillagers took over and you were cursed into some coma.. and- and they can't know you're awake. they can't princess Y/N"

he sounded panicked. scared really. Y/N had heard and witnessed nothing but brave and ruthless stories about him. Dream, her fathers bravest knight. he could walk through explosions and come out without a scratch. what happened that made him look so - broken and terrified.

he flipped her around so they could see each other.
y/n 's hand was on his which covered her mouth. she pulled it off and held his hand firmly.
"can you let me talk." she looked directly at him and told him rather than asking.

his expression became a little loose and he nodded quickly. "first off, how long have i been asleep and how's my family. second why do i have to whisper. third. what happened to you"

"about 7 months.. now we don't have time. we need to leave right this instance" he wrapped his fingers around the wrist of the hand that was holding his.

she noticed how he avoided basically all of her questions, and how he was in a hurry. "no no no, you need to tell me. you're hiding something i know it-"

"princess please we don't have the time for this, i'll answer everything but we need to leave" he cut her off and pulled her towards the arched shaped window.

"okay and how do you plan on escaping without killing me." she said gesturing to the window and the height of the tower she was in.

"trust me. now hold on tight" the blonde picked up her hands and wrapped them around his waist. without giving her time to object, he climbed the ledge and jumped forward to a tiny block that was attached to the side of the tower.