who do you miss the most? part 3

"-when did you love me first?"

"you are an idiot." the man sighed and turned his back to her

her hands trembled as her nails scratched against the cover of the book "you loved me.." barely coming out as a whisper.

"again with the loved, why do you think so low of me" he said almost yelling. his hands spread out and soon covered his face. he rubbed his eyes trying to calm himself

"i don't understand" the innocent girl spoke, only for him to get more frustrated. "no no no" he mumbled shaking his head back and forth. dreams hands left his face and turned around. in his arguing pose, bending his knees and looking right in her teary eyes, he said.
"i am IN LOVE with you."

after all this time, y/n thought she was just a thing to him. she let the others put him in prison because she didn't know he was in love with her. regret. instant regret filled inside her.

it was a mistake, a misunderstanding. she loved him too, so so much. but she ended up causing him
the most pain.

after a couple seconds of silence the girl covered her mouth with her large sleeve. crying once again she crouched and covered her mouth once again to stop herself from whimpering. what had she done. oh god.

the anger in the six foot man's eyes slowly faded when he saw her literally breakDown. the last time he saw her, she didn't cry infront of him
and maybe if she did he would have stayed because right now. he couldn't watch her cry.

she was all he had.

"stop. stop crying please. . please . . ." he murmured crouching as well, even if it hurt his cuts, his hands grabbed hers trying to pull them away from her face. "say something."

wrapping her hands around his neck and rubbing it gently with her thumb, the lady sniffled.

"i have always been in love with you Clay." her voice cracked after every three words.

he bit his lip, not knowing what to say next. he just wanted to kiss her. have her in his embrace one more time. have her next to him in his bed, her covering her face in his chest because the sun would directly hit her face in the morning. her innocent eyes looking in his with purity and pride.

the y/h/c leaned in and buried her face in his clothing., hoping he would hug her this time.
his large yet weak hands made their way up her back and pulled her closer.

she was sitting on his lap and hugging him, she kissed his cheek, then kissed it again, and again. which only made him whimper and join her in crying.

to describe their relationship, it was complicated, was an understatement.

her morals meant nothing infront of him, she tried to change that but all it did was hurt the both them.

Once his princess stopped kissing his cheek, he whispered in her ear, "can i kiss you?"

a bit red, but mostly from crying, the girl moved back a little and nodded, "yes, yes you can kiss me"

without hesitation or time to waste his lips locked into hers as he leaned up. they melted into one another's arms. clays arms cupped her face as he leaned in more. it was a simple kiss. nothing sexual, nothing extra. it was a long waited and needed comfort kiss. it was a kiss that healed all his bruises, physically and emotionally. he urned for this moment for a very long time.

when they parted, they stayed inches away from one another, their eyes still closed and him hold both her hands by his side. they just stayed there, catching their breath, accompanied by the others presence.

neither of them wanted to ruin the moment and speak. but unfortunately all good things must come to an end.. when sam signalled through a beep that it was time for y/n to leave. the warden had no clue what was going on in there, honestly the both of them didn't either.

they moved away again, this time frowning and y/n began to get up. dream didnf let that happen, he pulled her back with her hands and squeezed them gently, "please don't leave me"

oh those words absolutely broke her. she had an idea of what was going to happen to him, with quackity, after she left. the girl didn't want to leave but she had to. if it were upto her she would spend forever with him, the real dream. the one with emotions, the one that cried out her name when all hope was lost.

"i am not leaving you, i will come back tomorrow okay? i promise, i promise"

he let her stand up, and he wrapped his hands around her and rest his head on her waist.
"he will hurt me again y/n. you can't go, please stay."

her hands brushed through his hair as she attempted to comfort him. "i will fix it, i will fix everything but to do that i need to go. you understand my love?"

the vulnerable boy nodded and slowly stood up with her help.

she spoke once again. "dream promise me soemthing"
"anything."
"promise me you will hold on a little longer for me. i need you to hold on. please."

it took him a second to respond. the blond gulped thinking about the pain he had to go through. "i promise."

y/n walked to the wall and knocked on it, letting sam know she was ready.

"i will come back alright-"

he quickly moved in and kissed her again. just one last kiss before she left him in there. he didn't need her to reassure him with words, all he needed was to keep her warmth and presence in his memory until she came back.

a couple minutes later y/n was on the other side of the prison and dream was sitting on the obsidian flooring, with his mask on and his book close to his chest.

                      "i miss her. i miss y/n"
                            he said outloud

1031 words! kind of short but i hope you enjoyed ! let me know if you want me to continue this please and if there's anything else you want to request please comment muwah!