dreamy night 🌙

REQUESTED: prompt "i didn't know who else to call"

1am. standing outside a bar, soaked in water with the rain pouring down. y/n had recently been out of a relationship. of course she was upset. she however tried distracting herself with college work but unfortunately it wasn't going well. a couple blocks down her apartment, there was an opening of a new bar. she heard a bunch of students go to the opening night, so she decided to join them.

one of the students who went to the bar was, Clay. Clay actually liked y/n since their second semester. it started off as a tiny crush, of sorts, according his friend Sapnap. Clay denied it until he saw her with her boyfriend (now ex) and realised how jealous he felt. Clay and Y/n were good friends, great friends really. him and her were in several study groups and came over one another's place to study or hangout. Though, after her breakup she distanced herself from everyone. but out of everyone he seemed to be the only one who treated her normally after the breakup.

about a couple minutes in the bar, the boys in the group took off, including Clay.

y/n stayed at the bar for another half an hour until she was approached by some guys,, who made her uncomfortable. after trying to avoid talking to them and spilling her drink on herself, she walked out of the club.

Y/N stood in the alley and pulled out her phone. she was drunk and cold. she wanted to go home but she didn't want to be alone. y/n swiped her finger down and hovered it over a contact. Clay. 

she ringed him.

"helloooo" she said softly
"y/n"
"umum you know what nevermind you're probably busy with your friends-"
"hey no freeze. tell me. "
"listen. i didn't know who to call,, can you pick me up?"

clay checked his watch and nodded. "of course. i'll be there in 10. are you okay?"

"yeah yeah i'm fine i just don't.. want to be here anymore."
"alright, i will be there soon. bye"
"bye byee"

when that conversation ended, she put her phone in her pocket and stepped forward in the alley. it was 1am, she was cold and tired. her head was exploding.

after about 12 minutes, she heard someone stop their car and get out.

Clay was in a black shirt and a black leather jacket.
"it's freezing holy" said the boy.

"hey.."
"you okay?"
she nodded in response and he walked over

he quickly took off his jack and wrapped it around her, putting his arm on her shoulder and taking her towards the car.

he opened the door for her and made sure she was seated before getting in his place and starting the car.

"thank you" she said quietly.

Clay simply nodded , turned the seat warmer on and started driving to her place.

that ride was silent. she didn't talk, she just pulled the jacket closer to her. soon a sniffle was heard from her.

Clay turned to glance at her, and placed his free hand on hers, soon holding it. She stared out the window but felt his hand and immediately placed her other hand on it.

Clay squeezed her hand, and she whimpered.
y/n turned to her left slightly, to look at him. with tears in her eyes she let out a small, short smile, pulling his hand closer to her chest.