nightmares

// just a small comfort chapter soft c!dream x reader cause i feel mehhh //

triggers : nightmares, panicking
summary: y/n has a nightmare 

y/n had her hands on his collar and her face buried in his chest. she was sound asleep. Dream was partially asleep, his eyes were lightly closed and his arms were on her lower back. his fingers raised her top up from the back and his cold hands made contact her skin giving her instant goosebumps

her grip on his collar tightened as she pulled herself forward, moving her head right and left. he thought he disrupted her sleep even though amongst them he was the lighter sleeper. Her shuffling increased and she let out a whine

his hand went up behind her neck and pushed her hair back. it took him a minute to realise why she was moving, she was having a nightmare.

his sleepy stance changed into a worried one as he opened his eyes to look at her. "hey.. hey ssh" he whispered in his already raspy voice.

she pushed him back and woke up, hitting him with his hands repetitively, immediately beginning to cry. "woah woah woah angel it's me it's okay" he said lightly grabbing her wrists.

she continues to shake her head and whimper while he tries to hug her. "y/n it wasn't real it was just a bad dream.. i'm here"

she sniffled and stopped trying to hit him.
she was breathing heavily against his chest. he didn't say anything for the next two minutes, he focused on steadying her breathing somehow. he could feel her heart beating rapidly.

the man planted a soft kiss on top of her head. she began to calm down, still shaking and crying though. He pulled away and placed a hand on her cheek. "are you feeling better?"

she gave him a slight nod

"do you want to talk about it?" he asked hesitantly

she shook her head

he wiped her tears which fell past where his hand was. "that's perfectly alright, we can just stay here and cuddle. hmm,"

she nodded again

"come on noww i need to hear you say something, i miss your voice"

she had a small smile appear on her face, "cuddles sound great" the girl whispered

"there's my girl" he kissed her forehead. Dream looked at her and wrapped his arms over her hip. he pulled her up and held her tightly. y/n giggled and placed a hand on the side of his hair, slowly playing with his hair.

"dream."

"yes my love?"

"never leave me.."

"baby come on, i'm going no where without you."

"promise me"

"i swear to my last canon life, heck i'll even pinky promise"

y/n couldn't help but laugh at his wholesomeness. to the work he was the big bad wolf. the destroyer of worlds, the most powerful man of the smp. but with her, in their little home far away from everyone and everything, he was a simple man in love.

he was protective of her, he cared about her a lot and it was clear he felt safe with her. Technoblade called him homeless, even if he didn't have a huge red stone house, y/n was his home. he didn't need their little home in the middle of the jungle
she was his home. always.

Dream got lost in his thoughts after hearing her laugh.

"psst hey, earth to Mister Claytonnnn" she snapped her fingers.

he stopped thinking and looked at her, "hmm?"

"i was sayinggg, you are very cute mister clayton"

"my name is not clayton, but thank you. i think you're pretty cute too" he kissed her nose then gave her a quick peck on the lips.

y/n leaned up and gave him a peck as well, then another and another until he finally caught her and kissed her back.

they both just laid their holding each other, and whispering compliments and jokes in one another's ears.

she was a lot calmer now, as if the nightmare never occurred. she however was sleepy and kept yawning every few minutes which dream noticed.

"n/n do you want to sleep? it's only 5am now, you can sleep till noon if you want"

sleep. oh how could she sleep. she remembered her nightmare instantly and shook her head rapidly sitting up slightly.
"hey hey baby it's okay, i'll be here and nothing will hurt you. i promise" he took her hands in his and kissed them.

she gulped. she trusted him. of course she did, he was her life. he will protect her just like he protected her from anyone on the server who went against her.

"okay.. but what if i wake up and you- you're not there" the girl trembled

"Y/N. i'll be right here with you until you wake up. besides you have nothing to worry about, your dream is right here nothing will go wrong"

she nodded and laid back down with him.
"are you comfortable?" she asked

"always around you."

She turned to her side, he took it as an indication and wrapped his arms around her waist. he held his thumb in her fist and moved back until they were close enough.

(she wanted to be the little spoon okay ssh)

"clay.."

"yes angel?"

"i love you"

"i love you too"

he whispered in her ear. she let out a calm breath and shut her eyes, falling asleep soon after.

he didn't leave like he promised. he was there until she woke up around 1 in the afternoon. He had stuff to deal with in L'manburg but all that could wait for her. anything for her.

927 words