who do you miss the most, part 2

summary: y/n visits dream two days after Quackity's visits
triggers: blood, mention of torture
about to make y'all feel bad for dream with a little bit of angst muwah!

y/n scratched the back of her neck as she stood on the platform, waiting for the lava to fall.
"are you sure?" asked Sam, the warden

"mhm mhm. thanks for letting me visit him by the way..." she looked at him
"after what happened with tommy and uh.. quackity.. i wasn't sure if i should let other people visit him, but it's you." Sam assured himself more than he talked to her

"yeah.. yea-" she trailed off and soon after the bridge began to move forward. She didn't know what he meant by quackity but she shook it off. y/n didn't look back at Sam, instead she was glad she didn't have to have that conversation.

Dream wasn't standing there like he usually was.
Y/N was a bit concerned as she stepped in and waited for the lava to fall back down

it was during this time when she looked around and found him resting his side on the chest, a book in hand, asleep and the mask hiding his face. he looked .. pretty but broken. broken.

When the barrier fell she silently walked in and kneeled down infront of him. oh all the feelings came rushing back.

"we are nothing"

was the last thing she said to him. she didn't mean it. she regretted it instantly but she couldn't tell him that. As soon as y/n left him that day she cried and went back to Techno's place. For the longest time she didn't leave the premises. Y/N didn't want to face everyone after what happened, after everyone knew how she felt about him. but now. she needed to see him. i mean, she told herself it was to yell at him and get closure,, but in honesty, she wanted to see him, she missed him.

her eyes fluttered as she looked at his hands. his knuckles were red and the tips of his nails were covered in dried blood. that's when she noticed the red stains on his outfit. what the fuck happened to him

"clay.." she whispered to herself as she placed her hand gently at the edge of his mask. the girl slowly pushed the mask up, revealing the edge of his nose when his hand suddenly gripped her wrist.

his grip was strong but not as strong.
"hey hey hey—" she let out.

he couldn't believe it. her voice oh lord her voice. he urned to hear it for months in that stupid prison. 
"it's just me.."

he pushes her hand up, taking off his mask. that was when she saw how badly bruised his face was. he was tortured, burned even.

y/n gasped and dropped the mask on the obsidian floor. it's just her.

"y/n" he cried out but it came out as a whimper as his voice cracked. he just dove into her and buried his face in the crook of her neck.

naturally she wrapped her hands behind his neck and pulled him closer. this vulnerable side of Dream wasn't new to her, she had seen him upset like this before.

she came to yell at him, but instead she was consoling him? i mean she blamed him yes but part of it was 'Dreamon's' fault. anywho,,

there she was comforting her ex .. friend with benefit? ex best friend? lover? lord knows what they were.

Y/N played with his hair and rubbed the back of his neck to calm him down. she didn't want to hold him too tight and end up hurting him, he however felt that he needed to be held tightly and covered.