(7) "This Is Over"

Three months later 

Bucky and Alex had just finished having sex. She started to get dressed she had already pulled on her jeans and was fastening her bra. 

"Alex?" He said as he laid there. 

"Yeah.." she said as she sat down. 

"I want more.." he said 

"Damn Buck we just had like three amazing rounds." She said as she crawled over to him and kissed him. 

"No I mean I want more of you and me. I want us to be in a relationship." He said as he sat up to her. 

"Bucky..I told you that this was all I could give you." She said as she cupped his cheek. 

"But Alex..we have been doing this once a month for three months now." He said as he stood up and pulled on clothes. 

"I know that. But I also know that I'm not the only woman you are sleeping with. You are a play boy you like to party. And I can't be with you I need stability I need to know that I can trust you and I can't James. This once a month thing is all I can give you." She said 

He looked down he walked over to where her bags were and he picked them up. "James what are you doing?" She said as she followed him out of the bedroom. 

He opened up the door of his apartment and through them in the hallway. "James.." she whispered as he left the door open. 

"This is over.." he said as he went back in the bedroom picked up her shoes and purse threw them in the hallway 

"I can't believe you are doing this? We just had a wonderful weekend.." she said 

"Yeah? I'm done with you using me! I'm so over being your sex on a stick that you can just call up whenever you are in town like I'm some weekend booty call for when you are here. Next time you are in town don't bother calling me. Me and you are done I won't be played the fool again!" He said as he slammed the door in her face as she stood in the hall. 

He rested his forehead against the door as he locked the door. He could hear her shuffling around he looked through the peephole to see her putting her shoes on. Eventually he watched her walk away with her stuff. 

He looked down as he went back to his bedroom. For three days he just sat in his apartment and stared at the wall as he drank bourbon. By the 4th day he showed up at Marissa's apartment with yellow roses she let him in and they spent the rest of the night cuddled up on her couch watching movies. Bucky told her the next morning that this meant that he was willing to give them another shot. 

While at work Steve came in to his office. 

"Hey where you were last night?" Steve said as he sat in one of his chairs. 

"I was at Marissa's." He said 

"Marissa Sanchez's" Steve said 

"Yeah.." he said 

"Why were you with her?" Steve said 

Bucky looked down. "Because she seems to be the only girl that wants anything to do with me. So why the hell not Steve." He said 

"What's wrong?" Bucky said 

"Nothing is wrong. I wish people would stop asking me that. I am fine okay.." he said 

"No you are not fine. The fact that you went back to your psycho ex screams not fine. But whatever keep it to yourself." Steve said and left.

Bucky opened up his desk drawer and pulled out a tiny bottle of bourbon and took a drink. He finished it off and threw the bottle away. They had a meeting later afternoon with the whole team of CEO CCO. 

"We are liquidating a business in Auckland New Zealand. We need one of you to go." James said 

"I'll go." Bucky said 

"James I'd prefer if it was one of your cousins. Your mother is planning a dinner party for your sister's birthday.." James said 

"And I don't really care. I'll go to New Zealand.." he said as he took the papers and left the room.

He had his assistant book the private jet and a hotel room. He texted Marissa that she could go with him if she could get off work for two weeks. James walked into his office as he reading over the paperwork. 

"James Buchanan now I don't know what has gotten into you over these past maybe six months. But that is your sister and your family." James said 

"Some sister she is." He said as he got up and packed his briefcase. 

"See you in two weeks dad." He added as he walked out.