Chapter 8

~ Asami ~

The band was playing and everyone was dancing around and drinking, being loud and rowdy and having a great time. Especially Bolin, Mako, the twins, and more than a handful of other guests. They were really letting loose tonight.

Korra wasn't around, she was down by the waterfront. She had told me she needed some time to think alone. I was worried about her to say the lease and I couldn't stop my thoughts from coming up with horrid scenarios about those burn marks, which made it worst.

The airbender kids were all sitting with me at the table since I was 1 of maybe 10 sober adults here tonight. Meelo was playing with a plate of food, launching grapes into the air and trying to catch them in his mouth, and Ikki was starting to fall asleep after dancing multiple songs with Huan. I think somethings going on there. .  And baby Rohan had fallen asleep on me while Pema went and socialized with everyone. She deserved a break.

As I watched the dance floor again a little later after getting stuck in my thoughts, I noticed that Mako had gone missing again. Where the hell does he keep disappearing to?

Bolin was still dancing with Opal and the twins were now at the bar drinking with a few white lotus guards. Everyone was trying their best to enjoy the night for as long as possible before they had to get back to their busy lives in the morning. It was great to see everyone finally getting a break after everything that's happened within the past few weeks. But something didn't feel right. I don't know what it was, but there's a bad feeling in my gut that I just can't ignore.

I got up and walked to the otherside of the dance floor to take Rohan to Lin who was sitting at a table with Kya talking to some of her metalbender officers. She looked up when I got close and stood up quickly once she saw my face.

"What's wrong kid are you okay?" She asked concerned.

"I- I don't know. Something happened, but I'm not sure what. I just have a really bad feeling in the pit of my stomach. . . .Can you take Rohan? I have to go find Korra and make sure she's okay. I think something happened between her and Mako. She had scorched handprint marks on the arms of her suit and - well, its a long story. I'll tell you later." I said as she grabbed Rohan from me.

"Once you find her and make sure she's okay, come and tell me what you know right away. If I don't hear from you in an hour i'm gonna come look for you. If he hurt her, he's got another thing coming to him." She said roughly.

"Don't worry Lin, I will. I promise."

"What happened to you calling me mom?" She smirked.

"Oh right, don't worry mom. I promise." I said really over-exaggerated with a giggle as she smiled at me. My face quickly changed back to worry and fright and I looked her straight in the eyes. She nodded at me and I started walking away towards the dock.

"ASAMI! HEY ASAMI!!" Bolin yelled after me. I could hear him running after me so I stopped and turned around.

"What is it Bo?"

"Are you leaving already? The party just started! You gotta stay." He gave me his puppy dog eyes look.

"I want to stay, but I need to go and find Korra. I think something happened between her and Mako. She's acting really strange and i'm getting really worried." I said trying to sound calm.

He just looked at me wide eyed for a second.

"I'm coming with you then. Just let me-"

"No Bo, I got this. Trust me. Just go back to the party and enjoy the night with everyone." I gave him a quick hug. "I'll be back. I have to report back to Lin anyway. And if anything is wrong, i'll be sure to let you all know right away."