Chapter 3

A/N: Whaaaaat? Three updates in one day? . . . Yes! Because I love you guys. xD BTW. . .
SURPRISE !! Lol

Korra was looking wide eyed at the heiress as she saw her body start to shake while tears started rolling down her face. She quickly scooted over to her and pulled her into a tight embrace and started rubbing her back and cooing into her ear. "Shhh, its okay 'Sami, its gonna be okay. I got you." She leaned down and kissed her forehead which made the heiress sob even more. Korra hated seeing her this way. I wish I could just take all this pain away from you 'Sami. A tear escaped Korras eye and she hugged Asami tighter, as if hoping it would put all her broken pieces back together.

. . ."Korra? Can I ask you something?" Asami asked after her sobs had calmed down. Korra was still holding her and she wasn't objecting.

"Yeah of course 'Sami. Ask away." She looked down at her face and saw her nervousness. Korra backed up a little bit while still holding her to look into her eyes. "Hey, its okay. You can ask me anything. I have nothing to hide from you." Asami looked straight into her eyes but the words just weren't coming out.

She pushed herself up from the embrace and sat facing her. "Okay. . .well, its not exactly a question. More like. . .I have to tell you something. But I don't want it to ruin our friendship if you don't feel the same- . . .*sigh*" Asami hopped out of the car throwing her hands up in defeat. She looked at Korra and she could see how confused and worried she was at the same time. "UGH!" She turned around and started walking away but Korra hopped out and caught up to her. She stood in front of the frustrated woman and grabbed her hands and looked her straight in her eyes. "What's wrong 'Sami? Please tell me." Asami couldn't bring herself to tell the avatar her true feelings. Not yet.

"I-I just really miss my father. Even after him betraying us, I still loved him. I'm glad I got to forgive him at lease. That day we all fought Kuvira, I- I. . .thought I was gonna lose you too. And that scared me to death. I don't think I could've handled losing you and him in the same day. I don't know what I would've done."

Korra grabbed her and pulled her into a hug again as she started to sob uncontrollably. "I'm here for you 'Sami. I always will be. And i'm not going anywhere. Ever. I won't let anything bad ever happen to you again." . . . "Is that all that's going on?" Korra looked down at Asamis face and saw her sudden nervousness. She knew she was keeping something from her. "I-I'll tell you the rest another time. I just don't think I can do it right now!" . . the avatar pulled back and looked her straight in the eyes. "Whenever you're ready, i'll be here to listen."

They both got back into the car, and without thinking she turned to Korra. "Uhm. . .C-Can you maybe come and uhm, stay with me tonight? I don't really want to be alone." Korras heartbeat started racing and she got really nervous all of a sudden. "Uh-Uhm yeah, yeah of course. I would love to!" She said nervously as she gave a goofy smile and scratched the back of her neck. Asami just smiled at her and without another word they drove off in the direction of the Sato mansion.

---------

Korra and Asami were sitting on the couch in the library reading and listening to the radio. Asami was laying in the avatars lap reading a book on engineering, and Korra had a book filled with water tribe poetry. She couldn't focus on the book though, only on the gorgeous raven haired beauty that was sprawled across her lap. She tried to focus on the poem that she was reading.