Chapter 11

~ Narrator POV ~

What happened that day? Where had they gone wrong?

It started out so fun and peaceful.

The laughter of friends flowing through the night as the band played a multitude of songs.

The love that filled the air as the two most unlikely people were bound in holy matrimony.

It all seemed like a fairytale that could only end in perfect sync. . . .but then was suddenly completed with the most painful of heartbreaks.

When would this madness be over?

Why her? Of all the people on the planet. . . Why in Raava's name did it have to be her?

Korra. Beautiful, Korra.

But here they were.

The dreaded day. The day of sadness. And uncountable tears.

Of heartache and sorrow and unimaginable pain.

The sight of downcast eyes and heavy hearts.

Of people trying with all of their might to have the slightest bit of self control over their tears, to try and hide the emmense sadness in their eyes.

The beautiful photos splayed out on the casket that could not even begin to capture her true beauty and selflessness.

They seemed to say. . .don't you dare have hope. Don't dream. Don't love. Don't do it. All dreams come to an end. And some more quickly than others.

Still so young.

Still so much possibilities.

Her beautiful soul.

Those glorious blue eyes that could drown you with their intensity.

Her heart, so warm and caring.

The photos that littered the tabloids, the 'Daily Republic' with the headlines "Gone too Soon", and "The Hope Of The Nations Has Fallen."

Thousands upon thousands of mourners filing into the temple, slowly shifting past her body where it lay so peacefully.

Thousands more listening in on the radio.

A national tragedy. That's what they were calling it.

Of course it was.

A life so full of promise and hope, viciously, brutally and senselessly torn away from this world within minutes by the hatred of one man who could not control his jealous rage.

Then the focus goes to her family.

Her mother. . .her poor mother, Senna, weeping and mourning uncontrollably at the loss of her only child. Her beloved daughter. Her father Tonraq. . .who seemed to be made of solid marble, not moving, not even blinking as the thought of losing his baby girl hadn't fully sunk in, his arms wrapped around his weeping wife. Holding her closely. . .

Her friends, her mentors, her family that was not bound by blood, but the love they held in their hearts for the Avatar. . .everyone still in such a state of shock, not wanting to believe that she's truly gone.

The sobs and cries could be heard from across the water.

Such sorrow. Too much sorrow.

So many people touched by this young life. So many people who had grown to love her.

Her beauty, her sarcasm. . .the way her eyes lit up with fire when she talked about something she loved.

They would move on passed those friends, and all those grieving faces onto the other woman.