Chapter 5

A/N: Please don't forget to vote and leave feedback. I really appreciate it all. You guys are the best. Stay classy.

"Noooo!!!!" Korra yelled at the top of her lungs shooting fire out of her mouth as she shot straight up in bed. She was dripping with sweat. Completely soaked. Asami shot straight up not even a half of a second later absolutely terrified. She looked at the burnt wall.

"Korra, what's wrong? Are you alright?" She said in a panicked voice as she looked over at the sweating frightened avatar. She crawled out from under the covers and over to her side. She wrapped her arms around her not caring about the sweat and just held her as the avatar wept and sobbed. "T-they beat me a-and burned me. . .t-they w-wouldn't stop! Zahe-heer he k-killed me! I thought I was n-never gonna see y-you again. I'm so sorry 'Sami" She said in between sobs not wanting to tell the heiress about the vision she had seen.

Her entire body was trembling as she gripped onto the heiress as if her life depended on it. "Shhh, Korra its okay. It was just a nightmare. I'm here. Shhhh. You're okay. You're gonna be okay!" Asami squeezed Korra a little bit tighter trying to calm the girls sobs but she yelped in pain as the heiress squeezed her abdomen. "Oh my gosh, i'm so sorry Korra." She exclaimed as she let the avatar go. Korra grabbed at her body trying to stop the pain. But she couldn't.

"Let me take a look. C'mon." She said as she helped the avatar undress.

Asamis mouth dropped to the ground as she saw the slashes all over the front of the avatar. There were bruises on her sides and stomach, she had a fresh burn on her right arm, and an open wound on her chest. She hesitantly reached out and stroked Korras hair. She saw that the girl was falling in and out of consciousness and without another thought, Asami jumped out of the bed and grabbed the water basin. She soaked the washcloth and wrung it out over her face causing her to gasp and sit up quickly. "You can't fall asleep Korra. You could have a concussion. You need to heal yourself."

Korra looked down at her body, her eyes shocked and terribly frightened. . ."I-It was a nightmare. . .How could they really hurt me?" She said in disbelief as she looked up at the terrified Asami. "I don't know Korra. I don't understand any of it " She said with a trembling voice. What happened to my Korra! "'Sami can I please have the water basin?" She came out of her thoughts and quickly gave Korra the basin and watched as she began to heal herself. One by one the slashes healed, and her open wound turned into a gnarly looking scar. She then tended to her injured hand that she messed up during earlier events.

She reached over to her left arm to heal the burn, but there was nothing there. She could feel the pain inside of her arm, but there was no marks. Her and Asami both looked at each other not knowing what to say. After she was finished, she laid back and brought her hands over her ribs and winced in pain as the bones started healing themselves. Asami maneuvered her way up next to the avatar and she slowly started stroking her hair to comfort her. 

After 15 minutes of continuously healing her ribs Korra sat up without pain and looked over at the heiress that was sitting right next to her who was already gazing at her with her beautiful green eyes. Korra looked down in embarrassment as she remembered everything that happened that night.

"I'm. . .so sorry for everything 'Sami. I'll replace the counter top. & I'm so sorry I acted like that. I was just so embarrassed and afraid that you would never want to be around me again after you found out about. . .well about that!" Korra said without looking up. "And iʻm sorry about the wall too." She said pointing to it with a nervous grimace on her face.

Asami scooted over to the avatars side and wrapped her arms around her waist and just held her close. "Its okay Korra. You donʻt have to apologize. And donʻt worry about the counter top. It will be fixed by 9am today." Asami then let go of Korra and put her hand underneath the avatars chin and pulled her face up so they were making eye contact. Korra blushed intensely as Asami unconsiously licked her lips. "Korra, just because youʻre unique. . .Just because you have different parts, does not mean iʻm gonna just leave you. You mean too much to me. Nothing, and i mean nothing can make me want to leave your side." 

Tears started falling down the avatars face as she looked into the eyes of the heiress. She finally knew what these feeling were. It all made sense now. She was completely in love with Asami. Not just in love, she loved her with every ounce of her being. But something inside of her said to wait. To not tell Asami her true feelings. Not yet at lease. She doesn't think she could handle that kind of rejection right now. Asami is my best friend in the whole world. She can't have the same feelings for me. That's impossible. She thought to herself.

She gave her signature goofy crooked smile to the heiress. "Thank you so much Asami. . .for everything." She said as she wrapped her arms around the heiresses waist and hugged her close. "Can we go back to sleep now? Its only 1 am. We still have 8 hours till we have to wake up and get ready for the wedding." Korra said as she scooted out of Asamis arms, noticing the disapointment in her eyes as she let go. "Yes, of course. I don't think they're going to want a grumpy, tired avatar at their big day." She said with a smirk. "Pfft! I'm not grumpy." Korra said with a laugh as she noticed the "oh really" look on Asmais face. Korra shook her head and got under the covers. She shivered slightly when she realized how cold she really was so she lifted up the thick blanket and patted the spot next to her, motioning for Asami to join her. The heiress gave the sexiest smirk Korra had ever seen which flustered her even more.

Asami noticed and let out the most sing song giggle and cuddled up close to the avatar who was already drifting off to a deep sleep.