Chapter 1

A/N: Okie dokie guys. I just couldn't wait any longer. I was getting wayyyyy to antsy. So here it is. I hope you guys like it. I'll be updating once a week, or sooner if I have the urge. And as always, your comments, votes and opinions are always welcome. Also, if anyone can do a fanart cover or just fan art in general for this story that would be amazing. Thanks guys. Stay classy y'all. - JK_Mystic

"Okay, now back to what you were saying". . .

Lin?!". . ."LIN!! Hello! Earth to queen grouch!" Korra waved her hand and snapped her finger in front of the chiefs face to get her attention so they could finish their conversation, but had no such luck. She was so lost in her thoughts that it seemed like she was frozen. Korra stood up, reached out her hand and shook her shoulder a little too roughly. The chief gasped and jumped "Gee, what was that for?" Korra just looked at her. "Can we finish our conversation or. . . ."

"Oh sorry. I was just thinking about Sue. She's having problems with Baatar Jr. ."

"When does she not have problems with Baatar?"

Lin snickered "Yeah I guess that's true. Okay, so from now on because I'm going to be going back and fourth from Republic City and Zaofu to help my sister sort her issues, I put Mako in charge to over see things when i'm gone."

Korra groaned internally, dreading even just the thought of having to work with Mako at this moment. He's being such a douchebag to her and Asami after the whole love triangle happened. But I mean, hey, that's his own fault. Maybe he should make up his mind instead of experimenting with peoples hearts.

"I just need you to step in if need be and help keep the peace around here okay?"

. . . "Isn't that what i've already been doing for the past how many years? 5 years!. . ."

Chief noticed the disgusted look on Korra's face, rolled her eyes and chuckled. "Suck it up buttercup. You two are gonna be spending quite a bit of time together. Just try not to kill the guy ok?"

A groan escaped Korra as she let her head fall into her folded arms on the desk she was sitting at. Why Mako?. . . She looked up at the chief. "Why'd you pick Mako anyway?"

"Heh, well he is the best detective I have. I'm not about to put some rookie beat cop in my place. Tha'd be crazy."

. . . ."I'd take crazy over Mako any day" she said under her breath. But chief heard. She just shook her head and walked away.

"Oh, don't forget to check out that hideout I told you about. I don't think you're gonna want to miss another opportunity to put those triad bastards in jail." She called back to the young avatar. "Yeah yeah" she groaned again and waved her hands in Lin's direction, got up and walked back out of the police station.

Once she got outside the young avatar decided to roam the streets a little bit before making her way back to Air Temple Island. She really missed hanging out with Bolin and Asami, but everyone was just so busy these last few days after Kuvira attacked, trying to get everything back to normal. Especially 'Sami, shes been over working herself trying not to think about the loss of her father. But tomorrow was the big wedding and party for Varrick and Zhu Li. She knew 'Sami was looking forward to it, and she couldn't wait to see that certain raven haired beauty all dressed up for it. . .Asami. . .I miss you.

Korra didn't realize she had already walked passed everything, and had gotten to the deserted part of town, straight to the spirit portal she had created a few days ago until the glow and hundreds of spirits was all she could see. She sat down at the edge of the crater. The only person on her mind at that moment was the stunning Ms. Asami Sato.

She didn't really understand these feelings she was having. It made a lump form in her throat, and a million flutterflies fly around in her gut every time she laid eyes on the CEO. But she knew there was something there. She just couldn't really explain it. Ever since the whole incident with Mako, she felt these feelings growing inside her rapidly. She always found the heiress extremely attractive. The first time she saw Asami with Mako, she felt a massive ping of jealousy, not for Mako, but for the heiress. And the closer her and Asami got over the years the stranger and stronger the feelings got. She knew Asami was her best friend, but was that enough?

Lost in her daydreams, Korra watched the spirits fly in and out of the portal. One of them, a beautiful sparkling purple dragonfly bunny much like Bum-Ju saw the young avatar and flew over to her. The spirit was in a very playful mood, romping and hopping around the young woman. Korra couldn't help but play around with it. The spirit radiated a playful energy that apparently was contagious. The spirit finally flew back into the portal some time later, leaving the young avatar to drift back into her thoughts and daydreams.

She didn't realize what time it was, she had been sitting outside of the portal for almost 5 hours now just thinking about. . .well Asami of course. She looked up and gasped. Oh shit I totally forgot about the dinner! It was 7:30 and she's supposed to meet Asami at 8:00 down at this fancy restaurant. She pushed herself up with a gust of wind and before running off, she looked down at her clothes and let out a frustrated groan and facepalmed herself.

Nice one Korra. Asamis gonna be pissed.