Chapter 10

~ Korra ~

As soon as Asami was situated by Lin and Kya, I meditated into the avatar state. I had to be careful, because one misfire and I could hurt one of them.

I slowly went into a squatting position and rose up just enough so that there was a little bit of slack on the chains.

Without warning I yanked with all of my might loosening them with every pull. I could feel it digging into my wrists but I couldn't stop.

One more pull. . . .yes!

My energy was being zapped pretty quickly but I couldn't show it. I had to get them out of here.

As soon as my chains were free I went over to Lin and metal bent the metal around the platinum base so she could get free. As soon as she was, she went to work on the other two as I went to the door.

I knew this had to be fast. . .very fast.

I have no idea what we are going to be up against out there, and getting my family to safety is my number one priority.

Especially Asami.

I looked back when I heard all of them moving to the back part of truck, okay good.

With whatever energy I could muster up, with all of my rage and hate for that asshole who hurt me and the people I love. . .I stepped back and with one massive thrust I blew the doors off of the back of the truck and could feel all three of them beside me a moment later.

"Mama. . .get everyone out of here. I'll deal with these guys. And like I said before. No matter what. . . .you get as far away from here as possible!" Please.

"No Korra, i'm not leaving you. I just. . .I just got you. I'm not about to lose you again in the exact same day!" Asami's voice was trembling and she gripped my hand tightly. I could see tears filling her eyes. A few slipping away.

"You always had me. And you wont lose me." I hope. I just have to stay positive. "But I don't know what we are going up against, and I'm not putting you in danger. Please, Asami, get as far away from here as possible. Please!"

I can't bare the thought of you getting hurt.

I leaned up and kissed her as passionately as I could in the current situation.

"I love you. . .all of you!" I said as I looked around at them.

And without another word I air bent all of us out and cushioned the fall as much as possible. The truck went another hundred feet when it finally started to slow down.

But that was alright.

Asami, and Kya had run up into the trees while Lin stayed back to help me, as much I objected.

I love you so much Asami.

I looked over at Lin, and before she could say anything I lunged and gave her the biggest hug I could without hurting her.

"I know you don't do sappy stuff, but hear me out. I love you, mama. Thank you for always being there for me when I needed you. I couldn't ask for a better mother figure."

"I'm not just a mother figure kid, i'm the real thing. And I always will be. Even your real parents are still around. I will always think of you as my own." Lin put her hand on my shoulder and we had a silent moment of understanding. "Let's go save the women we love shall we? I got your back."

And with that we were off.

Lin went running for the truck, her wires standing up, ready to be launched at an unsuspecting goon. As i watched, I went into the avatar state and thrust myself into the air with a pillar of fire.