Chapter 7

~ Asami ~

I had left the estate 15 minutes before Korra. I had to stop by one of my warehouse's to check on the improvements that were being made on the Sato mobiles, hummingbirds, planes, air ships and mecha tanks. I was very happy with the way things were turning out, Varrick was doing a very good job keeping the company up and running while I took a short leave of absense after my father died and while everything calmed down a bit. I can't believe how far everyone has come. So much has changed, its a little bit crazy.

I let my thoughts wander freely as i drove to Air Temple Island for the festivities. The wedding wasn't until 2pm but they were having a luncheon and get together before the actual wedding started. I wasn't sure why they did that. It was very unusual to have two receptions, one before and one after the wedding, but i wasn't complaining. It's going to be good to see all my old friends and finally be able to let loose and have a good time.

I reached the docks, parked the car and hopped on the boat that would ferry everyone to and from the island. As i sat there i noticed the water outside the boat started changing, like someone was waterbending it. I looked all around a little confused and then heard a sing song laugh that made my heart flutter come from above me. I looked up and saw Korra gliding on the Air Glider i had constructed for her.

She had that goofy side smile that the I just loved so much. "What are you doing? You're gonna get your clothes dirty or wet. . .or both! Do you know how long it takes to iron that?!" I yelled at her trying to be stern.

Korra just laughed again. "Ah, 'Sami you worry too much. Loosen up and enjoy the day. I'll see you at the party" She said and took off into the sky making me shield my eyes as the sun blazed down. I just shook my head and sat back thinking of Korra and of the events that happened the night before and this morning, i could feel a layer of blush starting to cover my face at the thoughts.

----------

Everyone was laughing and talking and stuffing their faces with the best food republic city had to offer. There were so many new faces here that i had never seen before. Varrick took me around and introduced me to at lease 3 dozen new people who's names i couldn't even begin to remember. After a little while i quickly excused myself from all the introductions when i noticed that Bolin, Opal, Jinora and Kai were all sitting together at one of the tables and decided to go and say hello to my young friends.

"Asami!! You made it!" Bolin said with a bit too much enthusiasm. He stood up and lifted me into one of his tight hugs that knocked the air right out of me. "Of course Bo, I wouldn't miss it. But I do miss breathing!" I gasped out. "Oh, yeah, my bad!" Bolin said with a nervous chuckle as he gently put me down. Jinora, Kai and Opal came up to hug me soon after i caught my breath again. Jinora stepped to the side so she could hug me last.

"Its so good to see you Asami!" Jinora said as she gave me one of the tightest hugs I've ever felt her give. "How have you been?. . . How's Korra?" She asked with a smirk. The question caught me way off guard and made me blush deeply.

Jinora just giggled and shook her head. "Its okay Asami, don't worry. I'm not here to judge. I'm happy for you. She loves you, you know? I can see it every time she looks at you. I've noticed it since before she was poisoned. You two make an amazing couple." I just smiled sheepishly and thanked her, hugging her tightly before walking away to greet the rest of my friends.

I noticed that everyone was in a pretty cheery mood. Even Lin, who came up and gave me very a big hug.

"Hey kid. How's it going?. . .How are you holding up?" She asked very carefully.

"Hey Lin, i'm doing okay. Just taking things one day at a time. I've been doing better now that me and Korra have been spending more time together."