THIRTY THREE

I just woke up so . . . Good morning mi gente! I turn one year older today and this is my way of celebrating . . . Sort of 🙂

I'm weird ass boring like that lol anyway,

Enjoy

* * *

Another serpentina grabs Camila and shoves her around. Now, both the princess and the bandit are finally held captive by the serpentinas. Something Alejandro will surely be happy to know about . . .

But before they can celebrate their victory, Lauren pivots really fast. Her impressive agility shows once more as she maneuvered her body. And with a quick and precise flicker of her wrists and hands, she was able to disarm the man holding her, and with the quick simultaneous kick of her feet, the man was down on the ground crying in pain and clutching on to his crotch.

Her sudden movements prompted Camila into action as well.

The bandit did a similar action of pivoting and disarming her captor but instead of kicking someone's little balls, she went for the kill. And she killed both hers and Lauren's captor. She punched the one who held her on his throat and didn't waste a split second before snapping his neck so hard, the bones in it must have been crushed into tiny little pieces. As for the princess' captor who was holding on to his crotch, she simply stomped on his windpipe and just like that, he wasn't breathing anymore.

Two down, two idiots left to go.

The princess and the bandit once again moved in synchronicity and finished their opponents with almost inhuman speed and accuracy. With only bare hands as their weapons, both Lauren and Camila ended the godforsaken lives of their offenders by disarming them and using their own poisoned blades against them.

Now, there's no one else but just the two of them and the canopy of that forest.

They didn't really go that much far from the spot where they dropped their own weapons. However, Simona and Ally, along with their griffins and the child whose mother unwittingly brought them in such a tragic situation, have already gone further from them by now.

Lauren, still a little bit pissed about Camila's unpredictable attitude towards her but not so much anymore, looked over the last bandit standing across, finding that she's already staring back at her.

The strong connection between them ignites instantly as words remain unspoken. She knows Camila is a dangerous criminal but she doesn't feel unsafe around her, she never did. Yes, the bandit pisses her off mostly, peaks her curiosity occasionally, annoys her at some point, but no, she never felt threatened by her.

Just super attracted to her is more like it. But she's not gonna say that out loud . . .

She gives Camila a simple smile to acknowledge her but deep down she feels as if it has been a while since she looked into those gorgeous brown eyes, and she kind of, sort of, maybe just a little bit, missed staring into those deep whiskey-colored pools and drown in it.

Camila nods back at her with a sigh and she smiles as well. A smile that quickly turned into a wince, and just like that, the bandit fell to her knees.

Disoriented and about to lose consciousness . . .

"Camila!!"

Lauren was right by her side, caught her just in time before her head hit the ground.

"No! Nooo!!"

The princess knew right away that it was a poisoned blade. And soon enough, after her very quick and panicked assessment, she found the small cut just below the bandit's left collarbone. It wasn't deep or long, just about an inch, but the swelling and discoloration around it, as well as the little root-like blue veins surrounding the cut like a spider web is enough indication of hemotoxin infection.