Chapter 15

Back home , all my family reunited. Including my cousins whom I abhor. I couldn't bare sitting with them on one table so I simply left and entered my room. There , I remembered the box Elsa's friend gave me. At first, I panicked because I couldn't find it. Then , and happily , I remembered that it was still in the car. Silently ( I didn't want the visitors to notice my presence) I rushed towards the car and found Olly , my eldest cousin standing in front of the car. I forced a smile and opened the front door of our car.

"The box is no longer here" , he said with his annoyingly squeaky voice.

"Give it back. It's none of your business" , I snapped angrily.

"Your dad took it with him even though he could read your name on the box (To: Jessy). This guy doesn't know that it's none of his business. "

"Shut up. My dad would never do such a thing. Unlike you peasant. Go away. "

He said something as I turned my back but I couldn't listen the "curse" he said. I'm glad I didn't. Gosh I hate that guy though I'm not sure if he's my cousin and if his name is Olly. I have never been close to my cousins because they are literally what people call "social class addicts ". You must be an archi billionaire if you need a polite and loving chat with them. How sick.

"Dad , did you take my box by accident ?"

"Yeah honey. Don't read what's inside it's none sense. "

"Dad why did you do that ? It's not your box. You were never the curious type ! "

"I recognized the design. I already know what's inside that box. Your sister sent it to me last year but I gave it back because I don't believe in what she's saying. "

Dad always believed in what Elsa said. What's wrong !

"Dad give me the box I beg you. "

"You'll waste your time for nothing. "

"Dad !!!"

"Go away Jess. "

Disappointed. Broken-hearted. Melancholic. I.

Now I'm even more eager to read the letter in the box.

I slept for a while thinking about Jason , his father's memorial and our forgotten date. Life is karma literally.

I heard a knock on the door. It was filthy Olly.

"Go away right now. "

"I know where your dad hid the box. "

I flipped off my bed and yelled :

"Tell meee!!"

"First , plan me a date with your best friend Maria. "

What ! What ! What ! No way. I knew he was such a disgusting person but I never expected him to ask me such a thing ! I'd rather die than plan a date for those money lovers.

"Go away. Even after her death you never thought of doing something good for her. "

"Sweet dreams lil cousin. "

So he is my cousin. Yey. Not.

I hate them all. A lot. He's playing it the dirty way. So will I. He deserves a lesson.

"Give me the box. I'll plan you a date with her. "

"Very smart. Plan me a date , I'll give you the box. "

"I don't trust you. "

"Same. "

"Let's do it simultaneously. I'll type right now but I won't send unless you give me the box. "

"Whatever. I'll get the box. Start typing. "

"Deal. "

Steps :
1) Contacts -> Edit Contact Name -> Elio -> Maria. I'm glad Elio has no profile picture.
2) Delete chats.
3) Now that I changed my brother's name into Maria :
Hey Marmar (don't even ask about this nickname. It was all I got ) , my extremely wealthy , hot , cute and funny cousin Olly needs to take you out on a date. I'll give you his number for more info whenever you reply :) Trust me you won't regret it. Much love ❤️.
4) "I typed. Give me the box. Open it and let me check that the letter is inside it. "
5) "Show me the message first."
"Send. "
6) Deal. Deal. All clear !

Like a boss.
This guy will enjoy his date. So much. I'm not even feeling guilty. He deserves it. He and his cousins annoyed my beloved sister a lot. Oh I must delete the message from Elio's cellphone before he notices :)

Focus Jessy. Focus on the Letter !

"Hey Jess. I sent you this letter because dad refused to take action after I sent it to him a year ago. Now you know Jason more than anyone so I believe that you must tell him. Alex didn't commit suicide only because of poker , but because of a mistake he has done in Paris. He has a daughter. And her mother is one of those reckless and nonchalant people. She's not taking good care of her little daughter "José" who is deaf. I know that's too much of sad news but in a way or another , Jason must know. It's your responsibility right now. I'm sorry. I've met José and she's such a sweetheart. Good bye pretty one. Much love , Elsa. "

Do you remember when I said Life is Karma ? Well I beg you find me a word worse than Karma for me to describe my life.

Tomorrow is Alex's memorial. How on Earth am I supposed to tell Jason ? What if he doesn't believe me ? What if he hates his father after this news? What about his mother ?