Chapter 6

The next week defined the word "awkwardness".
I tried my best to ignore Jason. Honestly , I really needed to prove him wrong by making Isabelle tell the truth about the stealing issue. Impossible 😂😫.

As I was glancing cursorily at the folders , a paper dropped. Actually , it was an envelop. I wouldn't take the risk of opening it. However , I was able to read what's written on it's outside : "from alex , your father who adores you. "
The date was two days before Alex's death. Gosh. What shall I do ? I mean I can't open it but Jason must read it. Maybe he read it before ? Before I took a decision , I heard the softest voice I've ever heard say : "What's that?"

"Um..Jason..um...an envelop. "

"You don't say. "

"It's from your father. He wrote it two days before he died. "

"Haha , so you wrote this fake letter so you can reach your goal and I'm supposed to believe that ?"

"You know what ? I'm fed up with this situation. I'd rather live with 12 dogs than live with you. "

"You wish you could live with me" , he smirked.

"I meant in your environment. " I replied as I blushed.

I then handed him the letter and that's when his face turned pale as if he just received the news of his father's death.

"I-It's his handwriting " , he said painfully.

I have no idea why but he read it out loud.

"Dear child,
I am deeply sorry for what I have done. I hope you learn from my mistake. I left your uncle a letter begging him to help you retrieve the company's strength. I'm sure he will. You remind me of my self before I entered the poker's world. You're so chivalrous and strong enough to face the pain I've created. I know you hated Drew the day you were informed about my insane idea of playing poker. Trust me , he has nothing to do with that. I was the one who told Ben :"Go talk to Drew, if he's in , then I'm in. "
After Drew commenced playing , I started a year later I guess. I played poker the day Drew told me that he was playing too. I knew it was my fault Drew lost his money but I couldn't tell my best friend that I was evil enough to make Ben compel him somehow into poker. So I played as a way to say sorry.
Dumb much ?
I know you'll hate me even more when I'll ask you not to take the $40 000. Drew suffered enough an I'm glad he had the courage to stay alive for his family's sake.
Please forgive me. I'm glad you know the truth right now. "
Much love,
Daddy Alex.

We both burst into tears and without noticing we were hugging each other tightly.

Now he knows the truth. What will happen to me when I leave him , I mean leave the company.