Chapter 9

I know I should start with all those "Omg you saved my life. You're my hero and I love you. " phrases but the minute I saw him I burst into tears. I was speechless.

The police was waiting outside. After hugging him and thanking him endlessly I finally remembered how to speak :

"Last week you hated me , yesterday you loved me and today you took a bullet for me. I think I've never loved a guy that easily and unconditionally. Thank you. "

Painfully he answered :

"Do you remember when we were still teenagers goofing around gleefully ?"

I nodded.

"Do you remember when it was too crowded and you were too afraid to jump down the stairs in order to leave ? "

I smiled. He still remember such moments. God is great.

"I was the one who held your hand while you were scared to death. I can never forget the feeling I felt. The joy I had. It was as if I've won the lottery. We were still teens but I knew that sometime someday we'll meet again. I know we didn't meet in the right time nor at the right place but it was as if this is meant to be. Can't you see ? You belong with me. "

Wow. I am used to such moments... in my dreams. A dream can eventually turn into reality. Interesting.

"Jason , you taught me the definition of love. I admit that I used to have a crush on you back then but now it feels real. You're the nutella of my pancakes 😂. "

"Ooo nutella. Are you trying to flirt with me Miss ? That's inappropriate. "

Before I could reply or even laugh the police were knocking on the door as a way to tell me to exit the room. I forgot to talk to Jason about the incident and if he doubted someone. As I left he said :

"Jessy , would your ex-boyfriend Sam do such a thing ?"

I froze. Sam ? No way.

"No he wouldn't. He came to apologize last time. I don't think he is capable of doing such a crime. "

"I know the doer. I am just comparing your ex to my crazy ex."

With that thought in mind I left the room hating Isabelle even more and more.

I understand her jealousy but I never thought she'd commit a crime because of it. The thought of Jason taking a bullet for me drives me crazy. I still can't believe how chivalrous he was. How loving. How caring.

When I noticed the police leaving after 30 minutes I guess , I rushed back to Jason's room in order to know the news. He commenced before I even asked :

"What would I do without you ? You saved my life."

Me ?? As far as I remember he was the one who got shot because of me.

He continued :

"Isabelle was transferred to the mental health care center. Thanks to you I won't be living with her for the rest of my life. Though I'm really sorry for her. She was funny and pretty. I still can't believe what happened. "

I was speechless. I shook my head and hugged him good night.

Back home , I couldn't sleep. I was overthinking. I felt guilty. I was in complete bewilderment. Shall I be happy or sad ? Grateful or ungrateful ? I must visit Isabelle. I must. I will. Tomorrow. I will.