Chapter 12

That night was one of the most mysterious and scary nights I've ever had. I was sleeping uncomfortably feeling the cold making it's way under my blanket. I was wearing two pairs of socks. It was too cold and I barely slept.

It was on New Year Eve when I was on my way to meet my friends at the restaurant. I was really excited. New Year always makes me feel as if it were the beginning of a new life even though every year is worse than the other. I was riding one of Jason's brand new horses and a unicorn was sitting behind me. Suddenly, for no apparent reason I felt my self floating in a sea of blood.

Wow. What an uncanny nightmare. I was scared to death all night long. I was really worried. I prayed for almost an hour because nightmares are my death sentence. I tried my best to sleep without any result.

Therefore , I decided to commence my speech. I loved Alex and I can never forget our daily games. He was such a sweetheart.

I remember how devastated I was the minute my dad lumbered drunkly and made his way into our luxurious living room. Oh I miss our wealthy days. He shouted loudly and broke my mom's favorite vase. Honestly , I thought that the sound of the shattered glass was a gun shot and that dad's shouting was due to a bullet that hit him hard. Don't blame me I was half asleep. I rushed down the stairs and I was really relieved when I saw that no bullet touched my dad.

I was horrified. Terrified. Shocked. Mad. Appalled. Dismayed. Devastated. Why Alex ? Why did the funniest , most kind hearted and loving man I've ever met die ?

I couldn't resist crying. After retrogressing into all those sad memories I opened my notebook and began to write.

I didn't want to share our private moments but I knew Jason would love to hear stories about his father. I had no idea what to write.

Sometimes you don't find the right words to express your feelings not because you're heartless but because these words can never give your feelings their true value.

Eventually , I wrote a really long and good speech. It took me over an hour to adjust my sentences. I wanted Alex to be happy. Although I believe that committing suicide is never the answer to your problems , yet my love towards Alex disabled me from being angry at him.

It was 3:00 am. Even though I was exhausted , I couldn't sleep. I needed to talk to Elsa. It should be around 8:00 am at Paris. I called her twice and silently greeted her :

"Hey Elsa. "

I was expecting her to sing "Hey Jessy oooo" like always but I was surprised when I realized the coldness in her voice.

"Jess are you okay? I'm worried. "

"Yeah , I just can't sleep. "

I could feel the pain in her voice. I knew something was going wrong. I need to know.

"Elsa , what's wrong ?"

"I'm sick that's all. "

"Sick ? I'm sure you're not sick. Tell me. "

"I swear I'm sick."

"Sick as you have the flu ?"

"Something a bit more serious than that. "

"Bronchitis ?"

"Cancer. "