(52) Nurse

Queen Raeanne

Queen Raeanne

After one full week of motherly bliss, I am ready to announce my child to the kingdom. Everyone within the castle already knows of his arrival of course. If the lack of my stomach protruding an entire foot from the rest of my body was not evidence enough for them, surely the cries and screams of the young prince are.

"Are you sure you want to do this?" Michael asks me, preparing to open the door for me.

"I have to eventually." I hold my child and smile as he rests in my arms. "My mother told everyone he would be coming into this world. The loner I wait to tell them of his arrival, the more anguish it will cause my country."

"I just wish he could be our little secret just a little while longer." He frowns.

"As do I." I look around to see that we are alone. "I miss you."

Michael nods. "It is better this way. No one can ever know about us. They will have your head. Our son would essentially be an orphan. I will do everything I can to keep that from happening."

"I know." I lower my head, wishing there was some way to be with him. If not for me then at least for our son. "I will be quick." He opens the door for me.

I arrive on the balcony, hearing the cheers and screams of my people beings a smile to my face. At my side, the Nobleman quiets the crowd and motions to my son in my arms. "I give you, Prince Henry David Bronson, future King of Estonia."

The crowd roars, hearing for the first time that my heir has been born and better yet that he is male. I am sure that excites them. It would not bother me either way. I am just happy he is healthy.

I quickly exit the balcony to the castle, wanting desperately to be alone with Michael again.

He and I walk back to my chambers. "The new day nurse starts today. I hand picked her from my staff." I notify him. The guards narrowed the servants down to a select few and gave me each of their profiles, allowing me to select my favorite. I do not even know their gender!"

"Not even their name?"

"All I know is their credentials. I wanted to keep it as fair as possible. No playing favorites at all." I smile. "This was based purely on personality and talent."

"How fair of you. Do you not worry of a male being so close to you all hours of the day though?" He asks me.

"Michael," I smile. "I have no worries with you by my side. The nurse is just here to help me when I am not available to hold my son and care for him. For when I have Queen duties to attend to."

My chamber guards open my doors. Michael and I walk inside to greet the new nurse. "Ah, hello. I am Raeanne. And you are?" I shake her hand.

"C-Caroline." Shes curtsies.

*
The prince is finally here! I can finally reveal his image!

* The prince is finally here! I can finally reveal his image!

Don't forget to vote and comment!!