(89) Opportunity

Queen Raeanne

Queen Raeanne

"Thank you all for coming." I smile as everyone arrives in my chambers.

All three of them stare back at me. James, Lorena, and Michael's mother all wait for the reason we have summoned them here today.

"As you all know, Michael and I were thrilled to welcome Princess Victoria and Princess Charlotte into our family. But after recent visits to the physician, we learned that the cause for Charlottes sleeping issues could be from a deviated septum, making it hard for her to breathe correctly while she sleeps."

"It is extremely rare in infants and was only caught because we took her in for extensive testing." Michael continues for me.

"We are very thankful to have caught it, though, of course we wish we would have known earlier the problems she is facing." I stare at my beauty of daughter in my arms.

Michael rests his hand on my back. "Charlotte will need around the clock care and with a nasal spray, we should be able to help her sleep a little better. It will take time but we are committed to helping our little girl."

"She needs to gain a considerable amount weight before the physician will even consider operating on her. It is going to be a long and hard process that will not be fixed overnight. We would like you guys to help us in shifts until we are able to cure our baby and make sure she is healthy enough to go into surgery." I continue, making sure everyone knows this is going to be a process. "If anyone wants to drop out now, please do not be afraid to say so."

Michael's mother raises her hand. My heart sinks but I understand. This is more than any of us signed up for. "I will gladly take the late nights. I am up most nights anyways. Anything for my grandchildren."

"Thank you." I smile. She is not giving up. She is here to help us fight with us. I couldn't be happier. "And thank you all for volunteering your time to help us. If I could find the words to tell you all just how much this means to us, I would never stop speaking them."

"Helping you is helping out whole family. Charlotte is our family too. You are not in this alone. We are all rooting for her." James cradles Victoria in his arms. He is already an amazing uncle to the twins. And Henry just adores him. I see them out sword fighting with sticks in the gardens almost every day.

"Michael and I will do whatever needs to be done so she no longer suffers. Anything. You guys are going to be a major help in that. And we want your input as well. If you see an opportunity to help end her suffering, please, take it."

*
Do you think things will get better now that Rae and Michael have their family helping?

Don't forget to vote and comment!!