(86) Healthy

King Michael

King Michael

"Can you believe that seven short months ago, we only had one child?" Rae asks me, setting down Henry in his bed and making her way over to where I stand, watching over our newest additions.

I shake my head. "Everything seems to be moving so quickly. Last I checked, Henry could barely walk. I feel like I blinked and now he is running all about the castle. Who knew having a three year old would be so much work?"

Rae laughs and grabs on to my arm. "It has been easier with your mother around." She admits. She was slow to accept my mother but after the terrible birth, Rae as thankful to have a woman like my mom able to step in and help. Truthfully, I think Rae likes having a mother figure back in her life.

"James and Lorena too. I feel like we wouldn't get any sleep if it weren't for them." I add.

The two of us stand intertwined with one another, looking over the side by side cribs. "I went from having no family I could trust to having a castle full of them. Thank you Michael. This is exactly the family I dreamed of having someday ."

"We can add two healthy baby girls to that list as well." I smile.

"And a king by my side to help me lead. I am the luckiest woman on the planet." She rests her head on my shoulder.

"And I, the luckiest man."

Rae walls over to our bed and kneels at the side, resting her elbows on the mattress and pressing her palms together. Is she praying? In all of our time together, I have never seen her pray.

I hear her mumble something and then I hear her clearly when she speaks louder. "Thank you for watching over me, Michael, Henry, and the twins. And thank you for letting me be their mother." She hanger her head, resting it on her hands. "Mother, you would have loved the girls. I see your face when I look in theirs."

She pauses for a few moments before standing.

"Sorry, I- I don't know what came over me. I haven't done that in years. I just got the sudden urge to speak to those who are not here anymore."

"Never apologize for anything, Raeanne. I love you just as you are."

She kisses me. "Thank you, King Michael."

"You're welcome, Queen Raeanne."

*
I decided to skip in time and skip a major birth scene this time around because you guys have already gotten a lot of detail from Henry's birth. I wanted the twin's birth to be different.

I thought a little time jump would also help move the story along.

Don't forget to vote and comment!!