Chapter 1: Found

A/N
---------------------------------------------------------
Hello! GranetPlanet here 〜(꒪꒳꒪)〜

(^∇^)ノ <(Thank you for picking up this book, I hope you enjoy the story.)

(・–・;)ゞ<( There is some history here that I think readers should know first.)

( ̄ヘ ̄;) <( I stopped writing this book months ago and took it down in hopes I could finish it later as school had taken up most of free time.)

(─.─||)<(What happened though was that I lost motivation to write this book as a whole)

(┛✧Д✧))┛<(But now I'm back with this book, and made a decision to start from chapter one to get myself motivated again!)

( ˊᵕˋ ) <(Shout out to Thomuila, they helped me get back on track, and feel free to check out their stories too.

(๑¯◡¯๑) <(Their stories are amazing too if your looking for really good lesbian romances)

(ノ゚0゚)ノ <(Don't even get me started on Zerin_lee! Freaking yuri-writing god! Check them out too!)

(ʘᗩʘ’) <(!)

(´⊙ω⊙') <(I got off topic-)

(  ・ω・) <(Enjoy the book!)

---------------------------------------------------------

"Wake up, it's a new day and we require food." Said Ximena, waking me up from a dreamless sleep. Looking up it was the same stone ceiling of the cave I had been in since I was young. Yawning I could feel my stomach growl.
"Good morning to you too Ximena, I guess it is time for breakfast," I said, standing up from the rocky floor. Stretching I could feel my bones pop in a relieving manner.
"Some Lobeira would be nice." She said making me playfully roll my eyes.
"You always want Lobeira, Ximena. The issue with your request is that the closest trees that grow them are all ridden of the fruit, we will probably have to go further out if we wish to find them." I said.
"You have a point Udeline. First, let us get something to drink, the river nearby should do." Said Ximena.

"I agree," I said as I got up from the ground. Letting Ximena take over my body, I was within my wolf form in seconds. I could feel my senses and body become stronger. I have to admit I felt very comfortable within this form. Prancing out of the cave I made my way to the nearby river. It was a beautiful day, the sun had risen and blessed the sky, trees and plants with its light. Even the river was glowing like stars under the sun. I had run through the trees and jumped over bushes to reach the water place, I was always faster this way.

Feeling the sun in my fur as I stood by the water, I looked down at my wavering reflection in the water. I felt myself smile at the sight, the sun made my fur glow golden in a way, or at the very least a nice light brown. Bending down I started to slurp up the water with my tongue, the cold satisfaction of having a drink was refreshing. Licking my lips happily I had found the usual.
"I take it we're looking for food now that we are refreshed?" I nodded at my wolf's words while sniffing the ground.
"Yes, I have picked up quite a few scents of fruits and plants we can nibble on. The sun's up so they should be sprouting nicely." I said.

Just as I said that I was in front of a nice, ripe berry bush, I think they were blueberries. Biting down, their fresh and juicy taste filled my mouth and made my tail sway in appreciation.
"The taste never loses flavour, I suppose that is what happens when you are a herbivore." Said Ximena. I mentally nodded in agreement.
"Indeed, that and I do not need to hunt around the woods as other wolves do, but finding the fruit and berries pose a challenge." I said. Ximena hummed in agreement.
"Indeed, the distance we travel daily to find food is quite far, I guess that is how we exorcise. That, and escaping bears." She said.

I shivered at the thought.
"Please do not remind me," I said. Trotting through the woods yet again, I was still hungry. Sniffing the air there was not anything else nearby for me to eat, I had to keep going. This was quite annoying, I had just woken up but this is fine, I have been doing this for years now. Suddenly, I began to think about other wolf species and what Ximena had told me about them. The hierarchy of wolves seems intense. The idea of alphas being the true rulers does not sound bad, but what if they are ruthless tyrants with no regard for others? The thought of working beneath a being of such evil nature is terrifying to me.

I also learned about different types of wolves that live in other habitats. What I have never understood was why I had never really seen another wolf in my lifetime.
"That is because we are not in an area run by any pack, this is an unconquered territory. If it wasn't then we really would have run into other wolves." Answered Ximena.
"It is a little sad to know that I probably will not see another wolf," I said with a sigh.
"Udeline..." Said Ximena. I shook my head.
"It is fine Ximena. I have been able to live a nice and healthy life out here, and with you guiding me like you have been since I was a child, I could not be happier to be what I am." I said.

"...you are far too precious." She said. I could feel her smile and that made me smile too.
"I'm just happy you taught me everything I needed to know. Remember when I was younger and you told me about what to look out for when meeting new people?" I asked, earning a chuckle from her.
"Yes I remember. I told you about manipulation and tricks, what people can do to control you. You became so angry you tried punching a rock in half out of anger." She said starting to laugh at the memory as did I.

"Yes, but can you blame me? I was a child that was easy to upset. The thought of getting controlled or so much as used by others angered me to my very core." I said, now snickering at the memories of me being a complete rebel and not liking being told what to do.
"You were such a little brat when you were younger. At least it was easy to teach you how to protect yourself." She said. I rolled my eyes at her words.
"Was running marathons daily and punching trees really a means to learn self defense?" I asked.
"Yes." She answered without any hesitation. I let out a chuckle.
"You are never going to go easy on me are you?" I asked.
"Not in your life Udeline." She answered.

Her words made me smile, it's the same as saying she's never gonna leave and will always be there to help me.

I froze as I picked up a familiar and very delicious scent.

"Lobeira!"
"Lobeira!"

The moment we said that word I was sprinting through the trees like I was running for my life. Ximena's want for the fruit made me start to drool unintentionally. It felt like there was an eternity of running until finally, I was in front of the marvellous tree that had what I was looking for. Though it was a small tree with thin leaves the green round fruit we loved too much was there within my mouths reach.
"Wait...what on earth - Ximena!" I yelled.
"Hm?" She said, sounding confused.
"Why, in the name of the moon goddess, did you take control? It is not the end of the world if we don't eat Lobeira, why must you use such rash behaviour when in the presence of this fruit?" I said, a little angry at her taking control again.

"Hehehe, my apologies." She said awkwardly and with an embarrassed tone. I shook my head.
"Just get a hold of yourself alright? You are much older than me, you should know better." I said, scolding her slightly.
"You are in no position to scold me." She said with a growl.
"And your in no position to oppose me, you fruitaholic," I said. I could feel her roll my eyes. "Anyway, let us eat." Just like that, I had gotten up on my hind legs and easily bit a fruit off of one of the tree's branches. Biting down, the heavenly flavour of the fruit blessed my tongue. The fruit had fallen into pieces onto the ground. I leaned down to start chomping away at the rest of the fruit.

This day just got better. Taking another fruit down I repeated the process, eating away at the lovely food I was being blessed with.
"Udeline." Said Ximena.
"One more minute, I'm almost done," I said.

"We're not alone."

There was a snap of a branch close by. I snapped my head to the direction the sound was coming from. Looking around I couldn't see anything but I could hear footsteps approaching me. They were close by and there were many. I heard growls. Amid all the approaching noises, large wolves started to emerge from the bushes and from behind trees. Though I was taller than them, they all bared their teeth at me. They looked like they were all ready to pounce.