Chapter 11: Home

The walk to the Alpha House was quite interesting.

Several people said hello to Opal and the group she travelled with. Many of them dismissed themselves to their homes where they had reunited with their partners, there were several couples of any gender, race and supernaturality, it truly did seem like a utopia.

There were even these things called 'markets' in town. People were out in 'stalls' where they proceeded to sell 'products' and objects of any kind. It was quite a hassel trying to get through all those people.

There were many houses of many sizes, all for the purpose of having a surtain amount of people within them. The genuine making of this pack was quite interesting, I could not wait to further explore this land and all that it holds.

As Opal had described, the alpha house was indeed much bigger than any of the houses, it was made out of large 'stone bricks' making it quite tough. From what Opal said, it apparently looks like a 'castle'. There were many warriors outside in metal clothing that is apparently called 'armour', they were quite intimidating, especially with their weapons.

Within the castle though, was an entirely different story. The area itself was extremely large, like a humongous cave, but polished and with a red material on the floor. If this was the entrance, how big was the castle itself?

My answer was quickly answered by the maze-like structure of the 'corridors'. There were many beautiful wooden doors with floral patterns carved on each one. I was overwhelmed with the castles beauty and all the people who worked there.

I had no idea what kinds of outfits these wolves were wearing but they all smiled as they interacted with each other, cleaned and said hello to Opal and her parents. I could here the various whispers among them at the sight of me.

Given that I was barefoot, and walking beside Opal as she had her arm over my shoulder, it was not surprising that so many of them had curiosity looming at the front of their minds. I listened closely.

"Who is that girl?"
"I don't know, I've never seen her before."

"Is she a rogue?"

"Why is she so close to Alpha Opal?"
"I don't know..."

"*gasp*! You don't think she's-!"
"I think you're right!"

"Wait...if that's the case then what about-"

I wanted to hear what the last servant was saying, but they had noticed my eyes gazing at them. They immediately became silent and stopped talking. I wanted to walk up to them and ask them what they had meant but Opals' arm stopped me from leaving her side, literally.

She chuckled as she looked at me while I stared at the servants.
"Don't let them bother you, they're just curious." She said.
"...I know." I said, my voice distant as we walked past the servant that did not finish their sentence.

"What's wrong?" Asked Opal. I looked at her with a confused expression.
"If I am being honest Opal, I am not entirely sure myself. The servants have already come to the conclusion that we are soulmates, but one of them said something strange..." I said.

"What did they say?" Asked Opal.
"Well...after the servants next to them said that I was your soulmate, one of them said 'wait...if that's the case then what about'. Opal, what do you think they meant by that?" I asked, looking her in the eyes as I felt confused.

Opal's eyes suddenly widened, before going back to looking ahead of her as we walked. She knows something about what that servant said, doesn't she?

"Opal, what did that servant mean by what they said?" I asked, my voice calm despite my curiosity turning into worry. Had something happened?
"Something does not seem right here, is it something personal?" Said Ximena.