Chapter 18: Tranquil

Opal smiled and chuckled at my proposition. She liked the idea.

"Alright, let's see what we have here." She said as she moved to one of the boxes and squatted down to start looking through its contents.

I decided to join her and look into another box in hopes I find something I will like.

"Aren't I supposed to find you something to wear?" She suddenly asked before I could truly look through my box.

I turned to look back at her and found her smirking playfully at me. I smiled back at her and stood up once more. I made myself comfortable by sitting on the bed.

"You are correct, I did say that. So now, why do you not get started and pick something out for me?" I said as I folded one leg over the other and placed my hands on top of my thighs.

It was supposed to be an empowering move however Opal just got flustered all over and turned her attention away from me and back to the task at hand. Why does she always get flustered?

"Many could interpret your actions and posture as seductive and slightly dominant." Said Ximena. Now that is confusing. How is what I said and how I look seductive? I was just trying to sit comfortably.

"I know, it makes no sense but Opal's interpretation of what you said is most likely attractive to her, that is why she is so flustered." She explained.

Oh. I see. I could feel my cheeks begin to heat up slightly at the realisation she found me attractive. It was quite flattering.

"Oh!" Suddenly said Opal. I snapped my head in her direction and watched as she stood up with clothes in her hands. Specifically, she held a dress up, allowing me to see it in its glory.

Her eyes sparkled at me as a wide smile spread across her lips.
"This would look amazing on you!" She said.

The dress itself was a strong green, holding within it beautiful swirled patterns that were symmetrical. This pattern was at its largest around the ends and hole for the head and grew smaller around the centre. Its "sleeves" seemed to only go up to my shoulders. It looked ripe from nature itself. I did not even notice I had stood from the bed until my hand came into contact with the fabric.

Upon closer inspection it seemed, there were two layers to this dress and the patterns were almost carved out of the fabric I'd now for the almost transparent and thin layer of green stitches within the gaps of the pattern.

This was odd to see but this dress looked incredibly comfortable and to my surprise looked like it would fit me just fine.

"This was yours?" I asked, my voice distant due to how overwhelmed I was by the dress' beauty. Opal smiled and nodded.

"Yep, this was mine ages ago. Sadly because it was washed wrong it ended up shrinking a bit, it should fit you fine though." She said.

I looked up at Opal in surprise.
"What exactly was this dress for?" I asked.

"I had it custom-made. I wanted to try a colour I wouldn't usually wear so I asked for a green dress. The pattern on it though was Marielle's idea." She said.

I nodded, running my hands gently down the skirt of the dress, enjoying the stitched textures of the dress.
"It is an amazing dress, you must have looked splendid in it when you wore it," I said.

Opal chuckled at my response.
"Well I don't usually wear green since it doesn't go with my hair and eyes but it would suit you. I bet you'd kill this look." She said happily.

I tilted my head in confusion.
"Why would I kill a look?" I asked. A few seconds passed and Opal suddenly burst out laughing. What did I say??

Ximena chuckled.
"What she meant by that was: I bet you would look much better if not gorgeous in this dress." She said. If that is what she intended to say then why did she word it like I would kill something?