Chapter 6: Start

"Déjà vu"
"Déjà vu"

I and Ximena had both spoken the same words at the same time due to this situation, which we had previously been in earlier this day.

Me, surrounded by growling and hostile wolves. The only difference was the scenery for one, that and the fact I had my soulmate by my side who was already getting into a protective stance. Her eyes, which once had a gentle glow, glared with anger at the wolves around us. All of them stood down at her noises of rage; all of them whimpered in fear at her show of strength. Her brother appeared from within the crowd and stepped forward to greet us.

I say 'greet' us, but it felt more as though he were out for my head. This whole situation felt remarkably hilarious to me. Both times in which I have encountered this giant golden wolf have I had the advantage over him. The first was with the river, and now it is his sister. I stood there poised and composed under his state. he continued to walk up to us but stopped in his tracks when Opal stood in front of me. She had a more calm look on her face and was not growling anymore despite her brothers' hostility.

"He is not happy to see us. Hopefully, his attitude will change; I do not appreciate his behaviour." said Ximena, I could not agree more with her words.

I could tell that they were conversing within a mind link of their own, I knew that since it was private I would be unable to join in on the conversation, however, I could tell it was going well due to the brother's posture. He went from a low, hunting stance to a calm and upper stance with no scowl on his face as if he had calmed down. What truly proved he was calmer was how his tail began to sway from wife to side much like my Opal's.

"Well, this is a surprise. I did not think it would go this smoothly." Spoke, Ximena.
"I am not entirely surprised; they are siblings after all," I said with a chuckle.

Putting my focus back on my soulmate, I noticed that they had both turned their attention to me, tails still swaying.
"If there wasn't an obvious difference in their size and fur, I would have thought of them to be twins," said Ximena with a chuckle. I could not help but chuckle in return.

The brother yet again stepped forward; however, he was much calmer with his movements. Opal stepped out of the way, allowing him to be in front of me. There were a few steps of space between us, and we simply made eye contact in the silence.

"Can you hear me?" Spoke a deep, masculine voice within my head. I flinched at the sudden words, causing Opal's brothers' ears to go upright.
"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. So, it seems we meet again, little runaway." He said, chuckling within the mind link. I could not help but chuckle back.

"Yes, it seems we do meet again. I must say I did not think we would be seeing each other so soon. As you are the brother of my soulmate, I simply must ask, what is your name?" I asked.
"My name is Adlar. it's a pleasure to meet you, Udeline." He said.

"A fine name, it is a pleasure to meet you too. Tell me, what has Opal discussed with you?" I asked.
"She informed me about why she took off running as she did. Though it doesn't excuse her behaviour." He answered. I nodded in understanding.

"I understand. Tell me what is to happen now that everyone is reunited?" I asked.
"That should be a no-brainer; obviously, we're going to camp here for the night and head home tomorrow." He said.

"I must say I was not expecting him to be so friendly. I suppose his more brotherly side is showing." said Ximena with a small giggle.
"I understand; it is lovely to meet you, Adlar," I said.

"Are you two done with the introductions?" Interjected the beautiful voice of Opal.
"Oh, so you can enter other mind links as well? Interesting." said Ximena. I chuckled and nodded my head in response.