Chapter 13: Friends

I cannot say I was surprised at what Opal told me, I did not fully understand the soulmate rules or how the mate bond worked, let alone the relationship policies of other werewolves.

I do not see the problem in Opal looking for other partners from a time we did not even know we existed. I can also understand Opal's want for a connection, I too felt that way when I was younger. I was told by Ximena what soulmates were and I felt as though I was being excluded from something truly spectacular.

Now I am here, happy as ever with Opal by my side, it is as if this is what life intended for me to do. It felt as though it was my purpose to be here.

Two women stood before us. I could tell by their scent that one was a Vampire while the other was a witch. The woman on the left had long dark curls, seeming to be a brown, almost black colour.

Maybe it was a combination of the two. There was a small neat wall of hair on her forehead that went in a straight line, the rest of it went nicely behind her shoulders and down her back, it seemed to end at the bottom of her shoulders.

I did not know what she was wearing but it seemed to suit her quite well, the black went nicely with her dark hair. The one next to her had much shorter hair, it seemed to have been shaved nicely on the back, however the length got longer so that she could have fringe that was tucked behind her right ear. Her hair was a shade of brown similar to my own, but slightly darker.

It was an odd hairstyle, it seemed to be both feminine and masculine. She too was wearing a nice outfit, it was similar to the vampires' but it was white. Both women were almost the same height, however, the vampire was a few inches taller.

"Well if isn't a good cop and bad cop." Said Opal sarcastically. The two women simply rolled their eyes and scoffed.

"We're just here to make sure you go do your job, oh glorious alpha." Said the one in black dramatically as she bowed. I could not help but snort at her theatrics and hold back a small giggle.

"Who's this?" Asked the witch in white, she had a look of curiosity in her eyes as she stared at me, the vampire's gaze went to me as well, both questioning who I was. Opal quickly cleared her throat.

"Right right, introductions. Well," She put her hand out flatly and used it to point at the vampire in black and then the witch in white.

"Udeline, these two rude ladies are Marielle and Ophelia. Marielle, Ophelia, this is Udeline. She's my soulmate." Said Opal, starting in a playful tone but ending in a happy one, as she leaned in and snuggled into my hair.

I see, so these two were Marielle and Ophelia. I can tell by their behaviour they are quite close. Already Marielle and Ophelia stare in shock and surprise as their stares switch from me and Opal at a rapid pace.

They were both speechless at her words.
"She-hold on, what?!" Said Ophelia, almost yelling. Marielle simply began to chuckle and rub the back of her head.

"Oh my gosh, is this real? Opal is she...?" Said Marielle, her voice growing distant as she stared at me with wonder and happiness. Opal nodded.

"She is guys, she's the real deal, my soulmate." Replied Opal, her voice cracking as if she was about to cry.

I was quite confused, but that did not change the worry that came over me. Marielle and Ophelia seemed close to tears as well, I was not expecting this turn of events.

Before I could turn to see if anything was wrong the other two came in and they started to hug both me and Opal at the same time.

"Ah, so this is a group hug? I must say was not expecting it." Said Ximena in a confused but calm tone. So this is a group hug?