Chapter 19: Meeting (part 1)

I and Opal had planned to leave after our little moment however Ophelia re-entered the room and insisted I plat my hair or put it in a bug tale, after which she went ballistic with compliments. So that is what I did, I took my hair and plated it while Opal gave Ophelia a big scolding for entering her room without permission.

"I guess she was simply upset that she had ruined our little moment." Said Ximena with a giggle escaping her lips.

I could not help but giggle as well and smile at the recent memory of Opal's tenderness. It truly is incredible having a soulmate, especially when you are exposed to such beautiful emotions.

Once I was done with my hair I looked over to the others.
"Is there anything I can use to keep my hair tied? Usually, when I braid it easily becomes undone when I move around too much." I asked.

Opal was the first time react and went to a small and fancy wooden box with a door on it that was near her bed. She opened it and proceeded to scavenge through whatever was inside and smiled widely when she pulled out what she was looking for.

It was a long and smooth-looking strip of cloth that was the same shade of green as my dress. I tilted my head in confusion as it dangled and swayed in her hold. Opal quickly answered my curiosity

"This is a ribbon, it's usually used to make bows or tie up people's hair." She said as she sat next to me and began tieing the bow to the end of my pigtail.

She crossed the fabric then used her fingers to make hoops with the ribbon and then pulled them to enclose the ribbon tightly around my hair. I guess that is what she called a 'bow'.

"Thank you very much," I said to Opal with a smile, she smiled back and pet my head.

"You're very welcome, now that that's done we should get going. My parents can only wait so long for me before they get paranoid." She said with a chuckle as she stood up from the bed.

She held out her hand to me which I happily took. Once I was standing she interlocked my fingers with hers with a gentle but firm grip. I heard Ophelia giggle and turned to face her.

"You two are really cute, an odd pair, but cute nonetheless." She said with a wide smile.

I smiled back, finding her words quite nice to hear.
"Thank you, Ophelia, though I must say, you and Marielle make quite a dashing pair as well," I said.

Ophelia smiled widely and smirked confidently.
"I know right? And with our matching suits, we look like a dream couple!" She said happily, a wide smile on her face as a light blush came to her cheeks.

I smiled back at her words.
"You do Ophelia. Is that the name of the outfit you and Marielle are wearing? 'Suits,?" I asked.

Ophelia nodded her head.
"Sure is! But I can tell you about it later, let's get this show on the road people! Chop chop!" She said, clapping her hands twice and marching out of the room.

I and Opal both laughed at her antics and followed close behind. We were then out in the halls once more and making our way to Opal's parents.

While doing so I could not help but admire the bright and floral decorations, the red carpet on the floor, and the lining of gold on the doors, this whole castle seemed drowned in riches.

There were many servants within these walls as well, all of which were extremely welcoming to me. They could all tell that by the way I and Opal were in such proximity, we were close.

Most have probably already concluded that we are soulmates. While we passed, most of the nice servants greeted Opal, Ophelia and Marielle with a smile, some even gave them snarky comments.

I may not have been able to understand what they were about, but it was nice to Opal so relaxed and friendly. She treats these people as her equals and cares for all, I would say she is what all alphas should strive to be.

"I could not agree with you more Udeline." Said Ximena.

Soon we reached these two large doors which when together made rectangles. The doors themselves looked to be made out of gold with dark wood doorknobs and red fabric stitched or in some way attached to the centre of both doors in a square pattern.

I could hear slight talking on the other side of the room, already I knew that Opal's parents were inside. Marielle stepped forward and knocked on the door, I only hope her knuckles didn't suffer any damage considering it is a heavy door.

We had heard someone say 'come in' and soon we were all within the room. The place itself was large, it seemed to be Opal's parent's private room with two desks. This room itself was large, containing not only a seating area (at least I believe it is a seating area) but also these odd wooden compartments that held flat but thick square objects.

"Those are bookshelves in case you were wondering." Whispered Marielle.
I looked at her and smiled.
"Thank you, so I take it the square objects inside are books?" I asked, whispering back to her.

Marielle simply nodded in response but quickly turned to face the front when Opal's father cleared his throat.

"Thanks for coming everyone, as you know we need to discuss a banquet requested by the vampires. As much as I would rather not have 'you know who's around we need this for the relations with the vampire kingdom." He said in a serious tone as he crossed his arms.

"So far we've been able to collect plenty of blood thanks to the stored human donations from the pack and from the vampire kingdom itself. Considering that this is a political event all members of the council and comity have been requested to show. Marielle, Ophelia, that means you too." Said Opal's mother as she turned her attention to every one of us individually.

Marielle and Ophelia nodded their heads in unison. Opal's mother's gaze then fell on me and Opal who was standing tall with our hands still intertwined. A smile spread across her face as she made eye contact with the both of us, her smile seemed full of love, acceptance and happiness, obviously happy for her daughter.

"So you gave her that dress? I must say it looks just as magical on her as it did on you. Green must be your magic colour." Said Opal's father while folding his arms, a smile was also on his face that seemed to hold nothing but happiness for his daughter and me.

I heard Opal chuckle and turned to look at her, she had a soft gaze in her eyes as she looked at her father.
"Green may be what you say. I always thought it wasn't my colour but I can confidently say I killed it in that dress. I'm glad you said that though dad, j didn't know it could mean that." She said, smiling lovingly to her father, her arms crossed and expression almost identical to that of her father.

"I suppose she did not just get her eyes and hair from her father." Said Ximena with a chuckle. I held back a chuckle to not be rude in front of Opal's parents.

Her mother clapped her hands to get everyone's attention.

"We can keep talking about how much we love and respect each other and compliment our daughter's lover later, we need to focus on the task at hand. We already know who's behind this, and as much as a banquet sounds lovely, I wish it wasn't requested by that god-awful girl." She said as she rubbed her forehead slightly.

I suppose this 'vampire princess' really is not a popular character here, no one seems to like her. They do not even say her name. This was when I spoke up.
"What exactly are the requirements for a banquet such as this?" I asked.

"Well, apart from a whole load of alcohol, there has to be plenty of food to go around as well as entertainment. Depending on the number of people coming we need a certain amount of space. We tend to use the ballroom of the pack house for events like this." Answered Marielle.

I nodded my head in understanding.
"I understand, though I am not entirely sure how I could be of any use. I do not know about pack affairs, much less an alliance with vampire royalty." I said.

Ophelia clicked her tongue and shook her head.
"Honestly I thought it would've been obvious, you're going to make sure that royal Vampire bitch keeps her grubby hands off of Opal. I guess you could consider yourself an iron wall!" She said happily.

"So my existence will be announced to many high-ranking officials...is that what you are saying?"