36.

Dear Namu,

I'm weak aren't I? I still couldn't resist myself. I had to talk to you, somehow.

I might run back to you if I hear your voice. This letter is the most I can do.

I am doing okay. I'm living with my mother. I've been actually eating well these days, I don't look quite the same. Kenji really wants to meet you, he says hi. Harumi doesn't live here anymore, apparently he left all of a sudden one day a few years back. I hope he's okay. Are you?

I don't really know what to say. I'm just writing this down to take up space...how is my writing? Has it gotten worse? I hope I'm not making any cringeworthy mistakes.

I found the bracelet. I wear it whenever I remember to. Your photo used to be on my mirror, but my mother kept asking about it, so I kept it in my drawer where it's nice and safe. Away from her nosy fingers. How's your mother? I think she'd like me better if she met me now. Or is that something that can't be helped?

Write to me sometimes, but not too much. Or else I might leave this place sooner than I should.

I won't tell you the things you already know. I think about you all the time. I shouldn't tell you too much. Some things are better shared face to face.

Until then,

Nami.