☽ten☾

All of the students are sitting in the Great Hall for mandatory study time. Ron and Harry have been trying to find dates to the Yule Ball with no success. Neville has asked Ginny to go with him and I am excited for the two. Neville deserves to have a nice time. Kids can be mean and oftentimes Neville is the victim. Since Ginny is a third year she wouldn't get to go if not for being Neville's date.

I can hear Ron complaining, "This is mad. At this rate we'll be the only ones in our year without dates." Snape walks past and slaps Ron over the head. "Well, us and Neville."

"But then again he can take himself," Harry remarks.

"It might interest you to know that Neville's already got someone," Hermione tells them.

Ron gasps. "Now I'm really depressed."

Fred hands Ron a note.

"Who are you going with then?" Ron asks Fred.

Fred throws a wad of paper at Angelina Johnson. "Oi, Angelina."

She turns to him annoyed. "What?"

Fred starts to mime his actions. "Do you wanna go to the ball with me?"

"To the ball?" Angelina nods. "Yeah, alright."

Fred winks at Ron.

"Oi Hermione, you're a girl," Ron states.

"Oh well spotted," Hermione remarks.

"Come with one of us?" Ron asks. Snape hits him in the back of the head before hitting Harry as well. "It's one thing for a bloke to show up alone. For a girl it's just sad."

"I won't be going alone because believe it or not someone's asked me. And I said yes," Hermione tells him.

"Who would ask you?" Ron questions.

Hermione hits him with her book as she stands up. She walks over to me and hands me the book. I smile at her slightly.

Hermione stops to grab her bag. "I guess you'll see at the dance."

"Look. We've just got to grit our teeth and do it. Tonight when we get back to the common room, we'll both have partners. Agreed?" Ron says.

Harry nods. "Agreed."

Walking down the hall I spot a shaky Ron being guided by Ginny. A few other girls follow after them.

"What happened to him?" I question.

"He just asked Fleur Delacour out," Ginny tells me.

I try to keep myself from laughing. "What did she say?"

"No of course," Ginny states.

"There she was walking by. You know I like it when they walk. I couldn't help it, it just sort of slipped out," Ron explains.

"Actually he sort of screamed at her, it was a bit frightening," Ginny clarifies.

"What did you do then?" I ask.

"What else? I ran for it," Ron states.

"I think Harry and Hermione will love to hear about this," I remark.

Ron groans. Him and Ginny start off towards the Gryffindor dormitory.

I sit in front of the fireplace once again. I'm a little too excited to see Remus. It's been a month since I've actually seen his face.

"Hello, Darling," Remus greets.

I smile. "Hi."

"Harry did well in the first task," Remus states.