☽fourteen☾

I wake up to a knock on my door. I get up and wrap a robe around myself. I open the door curious as to who could be knocking so late. Mcgonagall is the one to greet me.

"It's your father, dear," she tells me.

I follow her to Dumbledore's office.

"In the dream, were you standing next to the victim... or looking down at the scene?" Dumbledore asks Harry.

"Neither. It was like I... Professor will you please just tell me what's happening?" Harry begs.

Dumbledore walks towards a portrait on the wall. "Everard, Arthur's on guard duty tonight. Make sure he's found by the right people."

"Sir," Harry starts.

Dumbledore ignores him, "Phineas. You must go to your portrait at Grimmauld Place. Tell them that Arthur Weasley is gravely injured... and his children will be arriving there soon by Portkey."

Everard comes back to his portrait, "They've got him, Albus. It was close, but they think he'll make it. What's more, the Dark Lord failed to acquire it."

"Oh, thank goodness. Next we need to..." Dumbledore starts.

"Look at me!" Harry shouts. I jump slightly at the outburst. "What's happening to me?"

Snape walks into the room. "You wished to see me, headmaster?"

"Oh, Severus. I'm afraid we can't wait. Not even till the morning. Otherwise, we'll all be vulnerable," Dumbledore tells him.

Snape takes Harry away. After grabbing a few things from my room my siblings and I are gone, headed to 12 Grimmauld Place. The Portkey drops us right in the middle of the living room. Remus is there sitting in a chair presumably waiting for us to arrive.

I turn to my siblings. "It's late. You should go to bed. I'll let you know if I hear anything from Mum." My siblings don't move. "I promise."

Fred and George disapparate out of the room. Ginny and Ron trudge out of the room and towards the stairs.

I turn to face Remus. "Remus."

He stands up before striding over to me and wrapping me in a hug. I let out a shaky breath. I didn't want to show it in front of my siblings but I'm scared.

When I pull away Remus and I are standing in a bedroom. He looks down at me in concern.

"Are you alright?" Remus asks.

I shake my head as I sit down on the edge of the bed. "No. Not really."

Remus sits down next to me. "Your father will be alright."

"If it weren't for Harry Dad would be dead." I shake my head. "This is all starting to get to real."

"If you want to leave the Order I'm sure..." Remus starts.

I cut him off. "That's the thing. I don't want to. I feel like this is where I'm supposed to be doing but... I'm afraid."

Remus takes my hand in his. "Tamsin, this is scary business. I won't lie to you about that. You are the bravest woman I know. But if you no longer wish to fight for the Order I will not hold it against you."

"No. I will always fight by your side Remus," I state.

"That's my girl". Remus smiles before leaning in and kissing me. "You should follow your own advice and get some sleep," Remus tells me.

"You'll stay with me won't you?" I ask.

Remus nods his head. "Of course."

It's Christmas morning. Hermione has joined us. A charmed Santa on a broom flies through the kitchen. Mum pushes Dad, in a wheelchair, up to the end of the table.