☽twenty☾

I land in the fireplace in the living room of 12 Grimmauld Place. I don't see anyone as I look around.

"Remus," I call out.

I can hear someone coming down the stairs. Remus stops in the doorway. He looks surprised to see me.

"Tams, Darling?" I smile. "What are you doing here?" Remus asks.

"I thought I would find you here. And I thought that you could use some company," I tell him.

Remus nods before he sits down on the couch. He puts his head in his hands. I sit down next to him and rub his back.

"I know it's tough. And truly it's rather unfair..." I start.

Remus cuts me off, "Unfair? He would have been thirty six today. He spent twelve years in Azkaban only to spend two years running."

I nod my head. "But at least he got those two years. You got those two years. I know it didn't last long but you got your best friend back."

Remus looks at me with tears in his eyes. "I miss him. I miss James. I miss Lily."

"Why don't you tell me about them," I offer. "You've never really talked about your time at Hogwarts."

Remus nods. "They were my best friends. Since our first day at Hogwarts when we were all sorted into Gryffindor."

"I assume the mischief started that first night," I tease.

"Oh yes." Remus laughs lightly. "Though we were only first years so it was rather tame just some sound producing treats and waking up the sixth year girls."

I smile as Remus goes on and on about every little thing he can remember about his dear friends. Pranks they had pulled. How James, Sirius, and Peter had learned to become animaguses. Anything and everything he can remember.

"I wish I could have known them," I admit.

Remus smiles. "They would have loved you just as much as I do."

"Could you teach me how to be an animagus?" I ask.

"I don't know about that, Darling. It's dangerous magic," Remus tells me.

"Please. I hate having to sit around and just hope that you're alright during a full moon," I confess.

"It's rather complex to register as an animagus," Remus tells me.

I smile. "So I don't register."

"Tamsin if anyone were to find out you would be in great deal of trouble for breaking the rules," Remus warns.

"From the sounds of it you've never done anything by the rules and neither have I," I tease.

Remus smiles. "We can start over the holidays."

I smile as I lean in to kiss him. "Thank you."

"Thank you for coming to check on me," Remus says.

I chuckle. "What else was I supposed to do? Leave you alone? What kind of girlfriend would I be if I did that?"

Remus pulls me closer to him and kisses me again.

As I head back to my office I spot Ron in the hallway walking by himself. I rush to catch up to him.

"What do you think you are doing?" I ask.

Ron looks at me confused. "What are you talking about?"

"You and Lavender Brown?" I question.

"What about me and Lav?" Ron asks.

"How about the way that you went about it and upset Hermione," I offer.