☽twenty six☾

It's been three months since I saw my husband. McGonagall and I have done everything in our power to try and help the students. It never does much good. But still it helps me feel like I am doing something that matters.

I sit in the Shrieking Shack waiting for Remus. I was able to get word out to him that I needed to see him as soon as possible. There is no way for him to get into the castle and remain hidden for long. I can't risk losing him. Not now.

Suddenly Remus is standing in the middle of the living room. I stand up and he rushes over to me. He places his hands on my shoulders looking me up and down.

"Tamsin, are you alright? What's happened?" Remus asks.

"Calm down. I'm fine, Remus. But I need to tell you something and I couldn't tell you in a letter," I explain.

"What is it, Darling?" Remus questions.

I take a deep breath. "I'm pregnant."

Remus takes a step back. "No." I go to grab Remus' hand but he pulls away from me. "No. Don't you understand what I've done to you. To our unborn child? I should never have married you, I've made you an outcast!" Remus kicks a chair that is overturned. "You know how most of the wizarding world sees creatures like me! When they know of my affliction, they can barely talk to me! Don't you see what I've done? And the child... the child..." I've never seen Remus like this before. He pulls at handfuls of his own hair. "My kind don't usually breed! It will be like me, I am convinced of it. How can I forgive myself, when I knowingly risked passing on my own condition to an innocent child? And if, by some miracle, it is not like me, then it will be better off, a hundred times so, without a father of whom it must always be ashamed!"

"How can you say that? How can you think that?" I shout. "That any child let alone ours could be ashamed of you?" I step closer to Remus as he takes a step back. "I don't care if our child is like you. In fact I hope our child is like you." Remus shakes his head. "Caring, and kind, and smart," I can feel myself tearing up, "and handsome, and the most amazing person I have ever had the pleasure of knowing." Remus finally stops backing away from me. "Because I love you." I place my hand on Remus' check right over one of his scars. "And I love this child, Remus." I place my other hand on my stomach. "And I know that under all of this fear and uncertainty you love our child too."

"I'm no good," Remus states.

"I have told you time and time again, Remus, that no matter what you say to me. No matter how monstrous or how horrible you think you are or you say you are I'm not going anywhere," I tell him.

Remus takes a deep breath. "You're a stubborn one, Tamsin," Remus remarks. He places his hand on my stomach.

I smile widely. "Get used to it."

I pull Remus in for a kiss. After a moment we pull apart.

"How far along are you?" Remus asks.

"About three months," I tell him.

"I think it would be safer for you to leave Hogwarts," Remus confesses. "Head back to the Burrow."

I shake my head. "I can't leave, Remus. These kids are being tortured. Minerva, Flitwick, Slughorn, Sprout, and I are the only people who are looking out for them. If I don't go back I get replaced by a Death Eater."

Remus gives me a look. "It's not just about you anymore, Tamsin."

"I can't leave Ginny," I state.

Remus sighs. "You have to promise me that you are going to stay out of trouble."

I nod my head. "As much as I can."

"If anything happens to you while I'm away I will walk into that school and..." Remus starts.