☽eleven☾

"Alright everyone I think that's enough for tonight," I tell the fourth years. Everyone starts to pack up their belongings. "Remember star charts are due next Monday." Everyone mumbles a response and nods. "Harry." He stops and looks at me. "Can I have a word?"

Harry nods. "Sure."

"The second task is in four days. Have you figured out the egg yet?" I question. Harry looks at me sheepishly. "Harry."

"I've been trying," Harry assures me. "Do you know what the second task is?"

I nod my head. "But you know I can't tell you. Have you asked Hermione for help?"

"I told her I already figured it out," Harry tells me.

"You know I can't help you but Hermione sure can," I tell him.

Harry nods. "I know."

"Now go get some sleep you've got a busy week," I say.

It's the night before the second task. Part of what tomorrow requires is that I bring Ron and Hermione to McGonagall's office to get them in on the task.

I find them in the library with Harry.

"Hate to break up this scholar session but Professor McGonagall would like to see you in her office." Harry goes to get up. "Not you Harry, just Ron and Hermione."

"But Tamsin, the second task is only hours away and..." Hermione starts to protest.

"Exactly. Presumably Harry is well prepared by now and could do with a good night's sleep. So you two go. Now," I tell them. Neville appears from behind a bookcase. "Why don't you help Harry put his books back."

Today is the day of the second task. I just hope that Harry has figured it out. All of us are on viewing platforms set up in the middle of the Black Lake.

"Welcome to the second task. Last night something was stolen from each of our champions. A treasure of sorts. These four treasures, one for each champion, now lie on the bottom of the black lake. In order to win each champion need only find their treasure and return to the surface. Simple enough. Except for this, they will have one hour to do so and one hour only. After that they'll be on their own," Dumbledore explains.

I stand behind the champions with Mad-Eye.

"Put that in your mouth," Mad-Eye whispers to Harry.

Harry puts what looks like gillyweed in his mouth and starts choking.

"You may begin at the start of the cannon," Dumbledore announces.

The cannon fires and the champions enter the water. Well Fleur, Cedric, and Krum dive in as Mad-Eye pushes Harry in. Suddenly Harry flies out of the water with an excited scream. His hands and feet are webbed.

Fleur is attacked by one of the grindylows. She is helped onto the platform.

"The Beauxbatons champion Miss Delacour has unfortunately been forced to retire. She will take no further part in this task," Dumbledore announces.

Cedric is the first to appear from the water with Cho Chang in hand. Everyone cheers as they swim towards the platform. Krum is next to surface with Hermione. Viktor's head turns from that of a shark back to normal.

The crowd cheers, "Krum, Krum, Krum."

Viktor and I climb out of the lake. The Beauxbatons girls look worried. Ron and the blonde girl come up, they are coughing but safe. The girl is helped out of the water by Fleur. I smile as I extend my own hand out to Ron. Harry flies out of the water and lands on the platform where the crowd is.