☽twelve☾

With the revival of the Order of the Phoenix Sirius has offered up his childhood home, 12 Grimmauld Place, as our new headquarters. My family has been staying here all summer along with Sirius and Remus. Other order members have popped in from time to time staying for days or weeks.

Harry has been expelled from Hogwarts. He used a patronus charm in front of a muggle, his cousin Dudley. Mad-Eye, Nymphadora Tonks, Kingsley Shacklebolt, Elphias Doge, and Emmeline Vance are on their way to get him and bring him back to 12 Grimmauld Place. We sit in the dining room waiting for their return.

"There've been no sightings. No deaths. No proof," Mundungus Fletcher says.

"He almost killed Harry. If that isn't proof enough..." I start.

"Yes, but guarding you-know-what is the most important..." Sirius starts.

"We must trust Dumbledore on this," Remus argues.

"Was he able to protect Harry last year?" Sirius questions.

"Well, tonight I say it's time to take action. Cornelius Fudge is a politician first and a wizard second. His instinct would be to ignore it..." Dad starts.

"Keep your voices down," Mum warns.

"He's getting stronger and stronger by the minute. We have to act now," Remus argues.

Mad-Eye, Tonks, Kingsley, and Elphias all walk into the room. Harry is left standing in the hallway. Mum walks out to greet him, closing the door behind her. It's only a few moments before she comes back into the room.

"If anyone has a right to know, it's Harry. If it wasn't for Harry... we wouldn't even know Voldemort was back. He's not a child, Molly," Sirius says.

"But he's not an adult either. He's not James, Sirius," Mum states.

"Well, he's not your son," Sirius counters.

Mum gives him a look. "He's as good as. Who else has he got?"

"He's got me," Sirius tells her.

"How touchingly paternal, Black. Perhaps Potter will grow up to be a felon, just like his godfather," Snape remarks.

"Now, you stay out of this, Snivellus," Sirius warns.

"I don't care what Dumbledore says about your supposed reformation. I know better. So why don't you tell him? Or I will tell him," Snape warns.

When the meeting is over everyone starts to file out of the room down towards the kitchen for dinner.

"Well, we'll be eating down in the kitchen," Mum tells Harry, Hermione, and my siblings. Fred and George apparate beside her making her jump. "Just because you're allowed to use magic now... does not mean you have to whip your wands out for everything."

"Hi, Mum" Ginny greets before heading downstairs.

"You hungry, Harry?" Mum asks.

Dad stands behind her. "You sure you're all right, Harry? Gave us quite a turn."

"Harry Potter," Sirius greets.

My parents move out of the way so Harry can see him.

Harry smiles widely. "Sirius."

They both embrace in a tight hug. I can't help but smile.

We all sit down around the table. Tonks is changing her nose into that of a pig. Ginny and I both laugh. I went to school with Tonks. She was always good for a laugh. I taught her for two years before she graduated. Her Metamorphmagus abilities could be a distraction at times in class.