☽twenty seven☾

Snape has gathered all of the students and the professors in the Great Hall. I stand beside McGonagall. Snape stands at the front to address the students.

"Many of you are surely wondering, why I have summoned you at this hour. It's come to my attention that earlier this evening... Harry Potter was sighted in Hogsmeade," Snape says. The students start to whisper. "Now... should anyone... student or staff attempt to aid Mr. Potter? They will be punished in a manner consistent with the severity of their transcription, furthermore... Any person found to have knowledge of these events... who fails to come forward... will be treated as equally guilty. Another..." Snape starts to walk down the aisle. "If anyone in here has any knowledge of Mr. Potter's movements this evening. I invite them to step forward. Now."

Harry walks out from the group of students. Everyone gasps in shock.

"It seems, despite your exhaustive defensive strategies, you still have a security problem, Headmaster," Harry taunts. The doors to the Great Hall open and the Order walks in lead by Kingsley. "I'm afraid it's quite extensive. How dare you stand where he stood? Tell them how it happened that night? Tell them how you looked him in the eye... A man who trusted you, and killed him. Tell them!"

Snape draws his wand. McGonagall stands in front of Harry ready to protect him. The students move to the side as they gasp. I draw my own wand as the Order members do the same.

McGonagall fires spell after spell at Snape. He deflects them until he gives up. He flies right out of the stained glass window. Everyone starts to cheer. McGonagall uses magic to bring the Great Hall back to the room everyone once loved to spend time in. Harry sits down on the ground.

I look at him curiously. "Harry?"

Then suddenly one of the second years starts to scream. Harry wanders around the room looking dazed.

Then I hear it, Voldemort's voice in my head. "I know that many of you will want to fight. Some of you may even think to fight is wise. But this is folly. Give me Harry Potter. Do this and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter, and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched. Give me Harry Potter, and you will be rewarded. You have one hour.

"What're you waiting for? Someone grab him!" Pansy Parkinson shouts.

Ginny and Hermione both move to stand in front of Harry. Everyone else in the Order and in Dumbledore's army moves to do the same, myself included.

"Students out of bed!" Mr Filch comes running into the hall carrying Mrs Morris. "Students in the corridor!"

"They're supposed to be out of bed, you blithering idiot," McGonagall tells him.

"Sorry ma'am," Filch says.

"As it happens, Mr. Filch. Your arrival is most opportune." McGonagall starts to walk towards him. "If you would, I would like you please, to lead Miss Parkinson and the rest of Slytherin house, from the hall."

"Exactly where is it I'll be leading 'em to, ma'am?" Filch asks.

"The dungeons would do," McGonagall tells him. All of the other students cheer. Harry walks towards McGonagall. "I presume you have a reason for returning, Potter. What is it you need?"

"Time, Professor. As much as you can get me," Harry tells her.

"Do what you have to do. I'll secure the castle." Harry turns to walk away. "Potter... It's good to see you."

Harry smiles. "It's good to see you too, Professor. Hold the fort, Neville."

Everyone goes into defensive mode after this. The students who don't want to fight or are too young hide wherever they can.