14. "they're our friends"

*{JAMES' POV}*

"I think we should do a mass attack on all the Slytherins at once. That way we'll give your cousins what they deserve and get our hands on Snivellus at the same time!" I suggest as we make our way out of the Great Hall.

"I was thinking the same thing!" Sirius exclaims excitedly. We quietly discuss about what we should do, laughing occasionally.

Okay. Okay. Not so quietly, I'll admit that. But we just couldn't stop laughing. It was one of those moments when we feel like cracking up when we simply look at each other.

I finally opened up about my feelings for Evans to my friends and now, it's making me feel so relaxed. I know we've just been friends for a day but I can't help but feel so happy with them. I feel like I can tell them anything. I just hope they feel the same way too.

Of course Sirius had to go the extra mile by laughing like a maniac when I accepted my feelings. Ree and Remus were also no less; they very nicely reminded me that I'm not really liked by her. But I don't care. She'll fall for me in no time. I know it.

"Hey! Watch where you're go-" I hear someone shout from nearby. As I glance sideways, I see Ree and Julie with a pair of girls.

The girl with long blonde hair (probably the one who shouted) looks rather pleased to see her. I don't think Ree and Julie feel the same way though.

"Ooh...we finally get to meet, Mareena," she says with a smirk. "We've been waiting all day to talk to you. Right Grace?"

The brown-haired girl next to her, who I think is Grace, looks at Mareena with a smirk. "Yup. We were hoping to have a class with the Gryffindors today. Thought we'd give you some company. After all, you're probably all alone, aren't you?" She asks with a fake-pity look.
The two girls start laughing as though it was the funniest joke ever.

"No, they're not," I say, as Sirius and I make our way to them, Remus and Peter following closely behind.

I don't think I like these girls very much. I swear if they mess with my friends, I'll make sure they pay.

"And who are you?" The girl named Grace asks, looking offended at being interrupted.

"James Potter. And these are our friends you're talking to," I reply, gesturing towards Ree and Julie.

"What problem do you guys have anyway?" Sirius demands, coming in front of Julie and Ree.

"Guys, let's just go," Julie says quickly, pulling my sleeve.

"Made some friends, have you?" The blonde haired girl scoffs, glaring at Ree and Julie. But I can see that she's feeling intimidated. "What did you do? Begged on your knees to let them be friends with you?"

"Shut up!"

"Take that back!"

"Hey! How dare you!"

Sirius, Remus and I shout at the same time, unable to control our anger. From the corner of my eye, I see Peter patting Ree and Julie reassuringly.

"Guys, calm down. Please. Let's just leave," Ree pleads, giving me a pointed look while pulling Sirius and Remus back.

"If you mess with them again, we'll make you pay!" I shout, as Ree and Julie drags us from there towards the Gryffindor common room.

Author's Note

Dear readers,

So sorry for the short chapter. Hope you liked it.❤❤
I'm afraid I won't be able to update the story until next week since I'll be having my exams from tomorrow.

Please wait patiently until then:)