46. a night of spilling secrets

"WHAT?! WHO IS IT?!" Marlene, Alice and Lily asked at the same time, leaning towards Juliana who instantly regretted opening her mouth. She looked over at her sister and noticed that she was frozen in her place, looking utterly shocked. "COME ON! TELL US WHO IS IT?!"

Juliana rolled her eyes as she said, "It's not even that big of a deal guys. I just admire him okay? Nothing else. I don't even know him that well anyway."

"Oh really?" Alice asked with a smirk. "Tell us his name, then."

Juliana sighed; they weren't gonna let this go until she told them the name. "Amos Diggory," she let out, feeling embarrassed.

Silence rang within the room as everyone stared at Juliana in shock. Mareena looked disbelievingly at her sister. Of course, she didn't have any problem with Diggory - he was three years their senior and a Hufflepuff - but the thing that displeased her was that Juliana hadn't mentioned this to her earlier. Her sister had always told her things like these before so now, when she hadn't, it confused Mareena.

"Since when?" she asked quietly.

"Today," Juliana admitted with an awkward laugh. "So if you're wondering why I didn't tell you before Ree, that's the answer. I started liking him only today. And it'll probably last only for a few days."

Mareena chuckled, feeling a bit more relaxed.

"Oh Merlin," Marlene began as she face-palmed herself. "No offense Julie, but what do you see in him?"

"Well...he's good-looking," Juliana replied with a shrug and a 'what-else-do-I-need?' look.

The girls rolled their eyes in exasperation.

"Don't you like anything else about him? Apart from his looks?" Alice asked.

"Nope. I told you. I don't know him and it doesn't matter. I just find him handsome, that's all."

The girls exchanged looks and burst out laughing. Juliana had a long way to go in these matters; they knew that now.

"So if you're only into good-looking guys, Julie," Alice began curiously. "Why don't you like James or Sirius? I mean, they're the epitome of 'handsome'!"

Juliana looked horrified at the thought. "No way, Al. They're more like brothers to me. I just can't like them in that way."

"Oh alright," Alice said, turning towards Lily. "It's your turn, Lils. Spit it out. We won't care even if it's James."

"Actually, that would be awesome," Mareena added with a grin. "James would be really happy if you give him a chance."

Lily rolled her eyes. "If I hear his name again, I swear I'm going to bed. And no. I don't like anyone. And that's it."

"Alright, alright. We get it," Mareena said with a giggle.

"What about you then, Ree?" Lily asked curiously. "Honestly, it's so difficult to read you sometimes. You're always so lost in your head. It would be amazing if you told us if you like someone."

Mareena chuckled and replied with a shrug. "Nope. Sorry."

"You seem really close with Remus," Marlene observed with a smirk.

"Of course. He's a good friend."

"Yes. A good friend, indeed," Marlene muttered to herself as she yawned. Luckily, Mareena hadn't heard that.

They spent a few more minutes talking about their professors, family and whatever else that came to their mind. It was a long night filled with a lot of laughter, pillow fights and whispered conversations.