27. prank night

"Umm..are you sure this is going to be okay guys?" Peter asks nervously from under the invisibility cloak as the dark clouds move outside with the soft breeze and the people in the portraits snore softly on either side of us. Remus keeps a tight hold on me and Julie as we make our way to the Ravenclaw common room.

"Sheesh Peter," James says softly. "It's going to be incredible. Don't worry."

We climb the spiral staircase and finally reach a door; there's no handle and no keyhole: nothing but a plain expanse of aged wood and a bronze knocker in the shape of an eagle. Sirius, who is nearest to it, reaches out a hand and knocks once. At once, the beak of the eagle opens and a soft, musical voice says:

"When you look at me, I am what I seem. But I am no longer the same when the biggest star in the galaxy shines fully on the lantern of the night. Who am I?"

The boys look at each other uncertainly while Julie and I also try to think about the answer. We had asked Xeno earlier during the day about how to get inside the Ravenclaw common room and he had told us that we would need to answer a riddle.

"Didn't expect it to be this difficult," Sirius mutters under his breath as he, James and Remus discuss softly.

'Hmm.. No longer the same when the biggest star in the galaxy shines fully on the lantern of the night....' I gasp as the answer suddenly pops into my head.
Could it be...?

I let out a soft purr to let the guys know that I've got the answer.

"Huh? What's the matter, Ree?" Remus asks as I begin to get restless in his arms. "Have you got the answer?"

I nod my furry black head. He lets me down so that I can transform. The boys adjust a bit so we can all fit inside the invisibility cloak as I step towards the wooden door.

"A werewolf," I respond clearly, and the door swings open as the eagle softly says, "Very well."

"Good job Ree," James says, looking impressed. "We might have been stuck here all night if you weren't here."

"Thanks," I reply with a smile. From the corner of my eye, I see Remus looking a bit pale and uncomfortable though...

"So I hope we've all understood the plan," Sirius says, looking around the common room.

"Yup," Julie replies as she transforms back. "Dye their hair red and gold for tomorrow's quidditch match. By the way, Xeno said you can dye his too. He said something about it being fun and a way to avoid Wrackspurts," she adds with a smile and shake of her head.

"Okay got it," Remus replies, looking alright now. "I think we should start then. We don't want to get stuck here all night."

"Exactly," I agree. "Especially since we have to repeat the same process for the Hufflepuffs and the Slytherins. It might take half the night and both of you need rest before tomorrow's match," I add, looking at James and Sirius.

We split up; the guys go up to the boys' dormitories while Julie and I head towards the girls' dormitories. We walk over each bed and put a jinx on their hair, turning it red on one side and gold on the other. Julie and I somehow manage to hold back our laughter and make it back to the common room quietly after some minutes.

"It looks totally hilarious," Julie remarks with a huge grin on her face.

"Yup," James agrees with a matching grin. "So where to next? Dungeons or Kitchens?" He asks with a smirk.

"Let's go to the dungeons first," I suggest. "Then we can go to the kitchens and maybe after our work's done, we can treat ourselves to something and then go back to our common room. What do you guys say?" I ask, looking at each of their faces.

"That is bloody brilliant," Sirius exclaims softly. "I approve."

"Me too," Julie replies.

"Agreed," Remus says with a smile.

"Great idea," Peter squeaks while James nods his head excitedly saying, "What are we waiting for then? LET'S GO!"